Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 I_vote_lcapNew "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 I_voting_barNew "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 I_vote_lcapNew "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 I_voting_barNew "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

New "Other" Suggestions

Go down 
+36
HLWG
Demonicgamer666
Subz
blazinfast
i_am_that_is
Exalted_Fighter
RoninShogun
Bergie08
SilverKing
Sharky
baneofdeath
imsofattest
Britlind
KJC
i_4got_my_user
John
keane11
Wrathtoruin
Potter
wwecom
accursed
KOnYiu
Nighteyes
sami_gurl
FuzzyBanana92
didnotmeanto
Terraptus2
biki
Mwahahahahahahahahahaha
verti89
carefulibite
jarjar
juicifer
connguatrang
Pissonmyhands
Glorn2
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Mwahahahahahahahahahaha
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Mwahahahahahahahahahaha

New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:06 pm

I would be surprised if this idea hasn't already been pitched, but while you're adding the attack speed and move speed to the info boxes about the heroes(with the stats and +stats and stuff) could you also add their armor?
Back to top Go down
http://zombo.com
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:55 pm

I am not sure if this is a suggestion or a question, but the issue is that the creeps at like level 9 I think start getting full reincarnate. I think its only reasonable to assume their reincarnate gets nerfed just like ours does.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:08 am

their reincarnate is a different skill... and it would be silly for them to come back at 15% HP.

I am not, EVER, changing the respawn on them. There have been some strong creeps since this game came out... 4 years ago? you are a skilled player, I'm sure by now you might be able to kill them ^_^
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:45 pm

NO FAIR
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:13 am

I heard from a talented player recently about a public team game they played. The team the player was on was winning by a good bit but then all but one of the opposite team left the game. The remaining player grabbed all of the leaver items and then could not be ganked after that due to such a large lead. Then all duels were 1v1 of course and the winning team could no longer get any kills. So, because the loosing team had leavers and abused leaver items it would have won since the winning team did not have any great late game builds and no leavers. The only way for the winning team to win would be to have 2 of the players quit so the strongest one could get the leaver items. This is seriously messed up. I know that doesn't happen very much in clan games (I hope) but im sure at least half of all cha's are hosted publicly.

Maybe you could set a trigger to make it so that other players can't pick up any item that was held by a player before that. This would also eliminate the need for the stationary bank because idiot pubs wouldn't be able to pick up your items. Most of the time you don't give items to team members anyway and if you need to help them you can just give them gold instead of crafting an item for them and giving it to them. You DID say that people should craft there stuff after all! (unless its a small item in the premade shop or a more expensive item in the large premade)
Back to top Go down
Mwahahahahahahahahahaha
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Mwahahahahahahahahahaha

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:35 am

^^When did you hear about this and from whom? Because I think I might have actually been in this game, either that or it was a very similar situation...But anyway, in the game I was in, the guy got fed by his leaving partners, but he definitely needed it. It wasn't that he was far behind, he was actually able to beat me for a little while(he was using a corrupt flesh corruption orb combo, and I had basically no armor w/ the build I was using)it was just that it was four vs one... but anyway, our entire team had actually ran in to gank him at rag, and had lost 2 of our members in the process(having 4 members originally), but had managed to take ragnarak after killing him. After that, I got rag's armor, and my partners got pieces of armor. So in the end, one of my partners left and one of my partners got a large feed from him, but I was actually pretty even with my opponent even though he got feeds simply because of the ragnarak armor I had. Point being, a one man team can only be in one place at a time, and only has one mind. If it's an entire team vs. one guy, I'm sure you can think of something to catch up, such as beating him to ragnarak and the question mark boss. Also, in case you haven't realized, when a lot of people leave on one team, you have to get a LOT less kills, for us he had about 20 more kills then we did. That gave us plenty of time to catch up and a lot of room to lose a duel or two. Every time the one man team loses a duel, it will have a HUGE impact on them.

I actually think it's crucial for the other team to grab items when its 4v1 against a smart team, whether they're ahead of behind. And if it bothers you that much, in the next version, the item drop isn't automatic, it's a mode. Just don't pick it. Wow...biggest wall of text I think I've ever put on either forum >.<
Back to top Go down
http://zombo.com
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:27 pm

The major problem with publics Terra is they play the gayest imbalanced modes possible. Seriously 10 + 5 second spawn pick a good farming skill and farm up Sheilding Staff and 1 to orbs by the first duel. Thats how gay that is. Then they add to it Super Start which gives another 10,000 good game. I have played plenty of games in the past seriously and had people leave me items and still lost you know why? Because the team had players who were smart enough to get their heads out of asses and simply pull themselves back into the game. Publics just farm thats all they do when they cant farm they leave. The problem is smart players are just going to leave their items any how. Its only the noobs who dont leave their items on the ground before leaving. There is one thing I would support but I know its not a popular suggestion, I suggested it to Lab a while back ago and its this players gears and gold gets drop and divied in exchange for everyone duels. I honestly think thats a fair comprimise. Seriously if the 4 of you cant beat the 1 guy with all the leaver items then you would have lost the game anyhow, and if he cant beat you with the leavers items then he lost long ago, that to me is atleast somewhat balanced besides I hate the whole sit out thing. The only team game I know that screws the team that has players staying.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:50 pm

on paper, I would support "all in" duels... but it is hard enough to win a duel with 2 noobs on your team, let alone, 2 of no one! In pubs (the most commonly played games, and the people I need to make this game for) there are ALWAYS leavers. And how many douchebag reds do you think will kick their team, take their items, and call themselves "pro" while 1v5ing poor pubs in a duel?

Sitting out is lame, but "all in" is a lot more lame. It depends what side you are on.

Just like the whole "leavers drop items and gold is split" EVERYONE wanted that, it was suggested a dozen times! I asked lab to help me add it, so he did. Now, everyone hates it! why? because they end up on the losing side of it sometimes!
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:37 am

Do people really drop all there items from being kicked by the host? Riki tried that once and there were no items left over. Does the player have to be alive when kicked for that to work?

No offense to mwaha or badcha but I think your takes on this are flat out wrong. I don't think anyone should be able to get leaver items. It ruins the game. If you have a mid or early game build and someone gets leaver items then the game will last into late game and the build that should have already won ends up loosing. I have already given an example of a game that was only won due to leaver items and the duel system in my last post. Leaver items should never be the reason a team wins.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 3:28 am

How ironic considering you almost always grabbed the leaver items in the past. Dont like leavers play clan scrims, still have leavers? Learn to even the teams better. Still have leavers? time to make some changes in the clan.

A grunt who constantly leaves is a very bad example to the peons, poor sportsmanship and all calls for a demotion if it happens more then once. 2 Warns=demotion.

A peon leaving? 3 Warns and removal.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 8:10 am

terra doesnt play CHA, so, he will never have to deal with anything, he just makes observations and talks a lot...

before I added this mode, people would drop their items (good players, team players, clan players, ect) before they leave.

It was made so if you kick someone, their items arent dropped, so people like riki, who kick someone and plan to take their items... cannot do so. Custom kick still works to get their items though (which many people use, but I have no control over)

And terra, you yourself have always based your playstyle around everything that is imbalanced, and milking every penny of inbalanced-ness you can, to win. Then you disagree that people like to play like that?

ANYWAY, drop items is now a mode, that needs to be turned on to do anything, so, everyone on both sides of the argument can shut it :p
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:37 am

To badcha: Clan games are not the problem here. Its pub games that are. Also, I did not almost always grab leaver items. Most of the time I would leave them alone or my team mates would pick them up. Teams are not that hard to balance when its a clan game. Pub games are not too hard to balance if you have clan members on both teams along with pubs.

To Glorn: Just because you don't think I play the game does not mean I don't have some good ideas.

Making it a mode is not enough since people can still leave items before they leave a game. A trigger to keep players from picking up items that other players have touched would be better than it is now if possible to do so. If that can't happen then I suppose making it a mode is not as bad as it was before.

I doubt Riki intended to take any items. She just thought it was odd that nothing dropped. Idk why you like to attack Riki so much. She is chief of a legitimate cha clan and helps to promote the map which has chao written all over it. She is an honorable player in the game too seeing how she doesn't ks or pays back if she does on accident.

Leaver items take no skill at all to pick up. They are totally unreliable and are very op when you end up getting them.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 1:05 pm

i dont know why you love to dry hump her so much, it can start to hurt after a while....

Leavers have always had the option to drop their shit when they leave, though it rarely happens. A smart player will always leave them though. If a 4v4 turns into a 4v2, the 4 can camp the 2, and win, GG, the end. With items, it ensures that cannot happen. Usually, if someone leaves, it is because they suck. if they suck, they have been holding you back all game, and have shit for items anyway. Getting items from a leaver is really a way of limiting how they hurt your team. good players rarely leave games.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 pm

LOL Terra your really funny, heres you if your ahead you leave the leaver items alone if your losing you quickly grab them. Riki isnt as honorable as you say. She ganks people then whines when they leave, but when she gets ganked to the point where she cant do anything, she herself leaves the game, and blames her teammates who have about half her clan mates on them. Her supposed even teams are not even they are infact her and her best clanmate vs her second best and a clan noob, she doesnt want even teams shes the type who wants feel good wins. Im best freinds with a person on her clan he told me all about it.

Okay this is getting way off topic Glorn summed up what I ment to say beautifully smart players leave items before they leave they always had in the past, with this mode a host cant just kick you because your kicking their ass, if they do your teammates get your items so the sore loser doesnt get to win by simply kicking the player kicking his ass.
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 8:53 pm

Badcha, its only worth grabbing leaver items for the sake of continuing the game. The moment I pick up a leaver item it is the same for me as saying gg. At that point the true competition is over and the rest of the game is only for fun with no meaning to any win I may be able to attain.

Badcha, you act like chao sets up better team games. I was in one the other day and it was horribly unbalanced. The score ended up being like 40-4 by the end. Riki leaves the game when there is clearly no way to come back and win. It seems like to me that Riki likes to play the game for relatively balanced competition. I think the reason she gets annoyed at leavers sometimes is because they leave before she thinks the competition is clearly over. If that is the case then the cause of her complaining is merely a difference in perception. I defend Riki because she seems to play cha the way I do. Therefore attacking her almost feels like your attacking me.

Allright Glorn. You make a good point. Sounds like making it a mode is the best choice. I wish there was a way to keep leaver items from deciding a game sometimes but it appears that there is no way to do that. Therefore it is not your fault and is simply a something that cannot be changed or would not be worth trying to develop a way to do so.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:38 am

2 Suggestions

1. Raise the price of Greater Orbs to 2200 gold

2. Increase the starting gold to 2200 Gold.

Just board of the always start with greater orb funk this game is in.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:27 pm

1. how does doing that really change much of anything, 2200 isnt really enough to anything = to the greater orb?

2. I am not a fan of the instant respawns in the newest version, i say go back to the old way or make it an option
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 12:02 am

Yea I agree with vert on that one. Did you know someone could go into a duel drop dead and get out to farm before the person who was left out gets unfrozen? I really dont know a simple solution to the long death timers of late game. So I guess its a choice do you want to sit around dead for 2 minutes or do you want to put up with the fact somebody is willing to drop dead instead of running all the way home to heal.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:14 am

Personally I felt the 45 second cap was a solid plan. i think there needs to be some sort of penalty for dying even early in the game. Maybe the answer is to leave the respawn times fast and to create a gold loss penalty for dying that increases with levels? This way you don't get bored sitting there waiting to respawn but you also have a very good reason for NOT dying too.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:05 am

hero level X25 for dieing. anyone object to that? (half the gold gained from killing another player) this will still encourage someone to go gank people while running the risk of dieing. i agree there needs to be a better penalty for death, but the respawn times were way to painful. level 20 was like a 45 second wait... level 20 is mid game now.. would you rather lose 450 gold, and respawn in 20 seconds, or keep your 450g and wait an extra 25 seconds? i think the ratio is actually pretty fair, it is a little more benificial to people dieing, but not a LOT, and the biggest part: it allows people to continue playing sooner. How many people have you seen quit games because that 40 second respawn timer at level 20 is just too much? i play a lot with pubs, and i see it constantly!

you lose your hero levelX25 gold every time you die, good? GOOD!
Back to top Go down
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 am

good! *thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:23 am

I like it...also i vote for random insults when you die...

ex. Igor the Mountain King died because he was to effing slow
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 am

ex:
verti died a slow and painful AIDS related death

is that too rude?! I can do better.... before this topic gets spammed, i will put this thought in the backof my mind... no more insults posted here!
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:40 am

lol could we replace the heroes name with the actual player names, I would prefer that so we actually know who died. and if we did change this i think we should get the notification for players regardless of team.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:48 am

hmm, i dont want to take the work of changing slayers old script from team notifications to whole game notifications... plus, how annoying would that be in large games?! i can make it so hero names are changed to players name though....

pick all units in `playable map area` equal to `is a hero and is controlled by a player` then-- `set name of `picked unit` to `name of owner of picked unit`

does that look right to anyone else? this would only be the heroes name, not `Siren` but `ellis` would be changed. So I would be the Siren named Glorn2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New "Other" Suggestions
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next