Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 I_vote_lcapNew "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 I_voting_barNew "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 I_vote_lcapNew "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 I_voting_barNew "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

New "Other" Suggestions

Go down 
+36
HLWG
Demonicgamer666
Subz
blazinfast
i_am_that_is
Exalted_Fighter
RoninShogun
Bergie08
SilverKing
Sharky
baneofdeath
imsofattest
Britlind
KJC
i_4got_my_user
John
keane11
Wrathtoruin
Potter
wwecom
accursed
KOnYiu
Nighteyes
sami_gurl
FuzzyBanana92
didnotmeanto
Terraptus2
biki
Mwahahahahahahahahahaha
verti89
carefulibite
jarjar
juicifer
connguatrang
Pissonmyhands
Glorn2
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Yea, I posted those tooltips mistakes, and was thinking if you could of just gave me an unprotected version of the map and fix them myself, but nevermind.

Anyways, yay for Glorn.

EDIT: Speaking of selling cards, I collected "Blue Eyes White Dragon"(s) when I was younger, and about 3 years ago I had about 25 of them, sold 'em for about $40 a piece. One of the best investments I ever made when I was young.
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:44 pm

wtf? they sell for that much? ive got about 4 hanging around in my card bucket thingy. if those sell for 40, then i wonder what my rarer cards sell for :O
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:43 pm

off topic, stop it.

also, subz, i fixed all of those when they were posted, i found a lot more after that; and a couple of the ones you posted were "bad grammar" but yeah; you found some, congrats. When the next edit comes out, you should scan through it for spelling errors for me; since I re-wrote all of the tips, I'm sure I mistyped a few.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Okay as a reminder suggested -win option which would check the oposing side for players if theyre are none ends the game instantly giving the winning exp.

Um another suggestion is to perhaps add a sort of vote option to switching.
Adds +8 More kills needed Majority to pass.

Okay I dont know about you but I almost hate switching sides when all your side needs is like 3 kills to win. Defeats the purpse or when they all leave and you want to keep the game going for whatever strange reason -switch your on ther other side die once games over....... If it was at all possible it would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Maybe there should be a limit on potion purchases. I know sounds like a noob rant right? Not exactly Im just against anything thats a must buy in custom games because it limits the custom creativity item wise, skills chosen wise, and overall player skill wise.

I just think there should be a cool down on the amount sold I dont like the idea of seeing team consumables vs team consumables. I really think there should be more strategic thought then duh I must buy this item or Im not a pro. Maybe it sounds like Im ranting but come now how many games have turned into this lately? I think potions should be remade in terms that the heal (hp/mp) instead of instantly healing yourself be a click to heal target and limit the amount sold in 5 mins. I much rather see a designated potion support whore then team consumables vs team consumables.

Maybe its a bad idea but think it over some.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:58 pm

potion costs were increased; but if you put a timer on them.. then you just slowly buy them with your peon in the time between duels. I beat people who use potions, and i have lost, using potions against non potions. You are trading up an item spot, and spending gold that you will not get back in terms of stats.
Back to top Go down
Demonicgamer666
Unranked
Unranked
Demonicgamer666

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:35 am

I believe this is the right place to propose this.

Considering now that Glorn2 intends to take CHA out of beta and work on a final version I thought it might be a good idea to put in an "Ability Menu" such as the one in SWAT: Aftermath which is just a place for excess skills. I thought this might be a good place to put in the Player Level, the Innate Skill, and whatever else might be thought of and be put in later. Perhaps unlockable passives that could be rewards for the currently uncompleted sidequests once they finished? Or maybe a more practical one that I propose right now would be something like Meat Wagon's Exhume Corpse (the corpses could decay rapidly to not crowd the map) for those unfortunate to choose Carrion Beetle and not being able to use them in duels. The sky is the limit. This community could come up with many much better things to fill this up with than I alone.

Just a thought I'd like to share. Yay or Nay. Have it your way.

I also thought perhaps allowing our base peons to have a skill to teleport items to us kind of like that which is in HoSK. This could add some more dynamic gameplay by adding some more micromanaging especially in duels if there happens to be a deadlock or preventing a wipe if someone didn't get something uber from their peon to their hero in time.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:00 pm

New Suggestion:

Hide enemy unit inventory

It is nothing that can simply be turned into a mode; lets be clear about that first. It is either on or off.

Thought proces:
You used to be able to counter peoples builds because you could see what skills they picked. To fix this, I had to change it so you couldn't do that. Now, you counter people based on what items they pick; before they even get a chance to use the item.

I know the first thing I do on game start, is see what items my opponents have started with. Right before duel, I check to see who didnt get any form of potion, and late game, who has no spell damage reduction. I tell my team to focus this person first.

As soon as I see someone get a WW item, I get a gem, before they even cast WW, I have countered it. I see that they got a Black Knights mail, and I stop using some of my spells that deal very little damage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know, 97% of you are deathly afraid of anything that changes the way you play. It most likely is due to the fact that your mother was an alcoholic, and just didn't wanna listen to you whine as an infant; thus creating a lifelong insecurity about change and the inconsistancies of the world... however, I want you to all overcome your phobias for a second to look at this from a player skill curve viewpoint.

1) You couldn't counter peoples items until after you found out what they are using.
2) Item graphics on 50% of the items would give away what a lot of people are using.
3) Would cause more creativity in item builds. Just like the guy who picks int skills on hunter, and destroys a good player due to complete shock.
4) Good players will have to evolve a much stronger grasp of items and their stats and counters.

Biggest downside?
Harder to help teach people. though, this is really only a clan thing, not a gameplay thing.
Observers will be bored, without seeing skills or items.

/discuss

As this is a 1 click change, whatever the verdict is, will be in the final edit.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Again I'll throw my analysis in. For the first good portion of this games existence, should the item viewing be tunred off a lot of games WILL be base solely on luck and a players intuition to get a build that does well against another. This will lead into a bunch of "strong playable builds" that people will use until it gets countered and goes to the next one. Because of this, it will drastically hurt the diversity of the game b/c people (being the chickens they are) will be afraid to try new things and explore possible options. I believe near the end, that people who stick with the game will gain a deeper understanding of items in general and will become better players ie raise the skill cap drastically from that of previous versions. Unfortunately i dont think this will help pubs or new players out at all even once this "improvement phase" starts developing. Personally, I like the change as I feel I will always play cha, as it has become my fall back game of choice. for others who do not intend to commit to learning the game, it will be very difficult for you to become as conformable as someone who does play. glhf gg Smile

I throw a vote for yes! make it so plz. also throw in a ultimate that randoms ever X amount of time... plz! that'd work so well w/ this...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:21 pm

It wouldn`t really change skill builds much I dont think. I mean, right now, as far as builds go, you cant see your opponents; you just see what skills they have, then you get an item to counter it. You would still get a WW ring to counter their avatar. However, until they saw you WW, or noticed the big white aura around you, they wouldn't know you have windwalk. At best, this would force players to pre-counter items. that is, getting a gem of true sight, even if their opponent doesnt have windwalk; just to be safe, because you dont know.

I do see your point about pubs; and generally, pubs learn from copying someone who does good. If they cant see the skills (which they already cant) and they cant see the items, then they will have no idea who to copy. IMO, this is a good thing, cuz pubs will be forced to think.. but this is also a bad thing, because pubs dont know how to think.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:29 pm

My vote is no.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:29 pm

being able to see bombs and pots in inventory i feel like a screen looker when i play against others... it really would be more fair not to be able to see what items the enemies have. i feel like it fits in with the locking of screens and such that have already been implemented why not just take it all the way?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:30 pm

o and HLWG no one cares... provide a reason or stfu
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:38 pm

yeah, H, in a politer way; I am looking for an open discussion here, not yes or no. Without a reason, a vote has no merit (Just imagine if that concept was upheld in politics).

But yeah, as charge said, It would be following the theme. Really, it is the more skilled players who spend half of the game looking at their opponents hero. If anything, this is a nerf to us. At least, making it more difficult for us; and arguably easier on noobies.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:47 pm

noobs don't even know what items or spells their enemies have till in duels, but to actually players we spend our time look at inventories while our heros auto attack. i think that if the items were hidden it would make it much more difficult to know how to counter your enemies and make the duels much more difficult
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:54 pm

games that force pubs to think dont do well... granted they do attract very skilled players Smile still i think ur right i did emphasize a lil too much on skills but its still important to note the change will cause a lot of discomfort and at first a bit of stagnancy< i need a better word for static... thats not static XD :/

also... i dont feel the screen lock would be very good for the game. again opportunity cost should be very important in this game. if you take time away to try and divine what a player has based on how he/ she attacks ect then you wont be using your own hero to its fullest. trading off b/t scouting, microing ur hero, and item building should be important factors in the game. they kinda define it in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Cha isn't a super micro intensive game, and there is a shit ton of down time if you guys ever learn to use SHIFT CLICK COMMANDS and figure our kiting patterns of ranged creeps you only spend about 3-4 seconds on a spawn and have a free 5-7 secs to look around till you have to come back to your hero... true some skills are a tad more intensive, but for the most part you can get a fair amount of scouting in
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:08 pm

I feel micro wise, using builds effectively and effiecently its not very micro intensive but when you get down to the nitty gritty the ceiling for micro is pretty high. you can always increase your micro to effect the level of you play. besides are you gonna tell me that cha should be more of a blind game:? i dont think so to be honest. thats just my opinion b/c i feel that scouting, the ability to multi task, as well as recognize moves/items should be a key part in a good player's core values.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Yeah piss, we werent talking about locking the screen onto your hero all game, simply during the pick; to limit how many of your opponents you can see. What else would work fine, would be to enable dark mode on start; now that I have it scripted myself, i can 1 line that in... easy as pie... Depressing that I didnt think of it before; dark mode while picking.

Anyway, it is true, that CHA isnt micro intensive. I mean, there is a lot of perfect timing type things, and minor things that will give you a small boost on an enemy; but it isnt like you need to control 7 units at once or anything. Seriously, try to play a 2v2 and control both heroes for a duel. that is pretty intense micro skills; assuming they arent passive builds. But when it comes to farming, I seriously spend about 1/4 of game time, looking at my hero while he farms. I make items, give my allies tips, watch my opponents, and watch How I Met Your Mother, while bullshitting in vent, ignoring my girlfriend, and eating food. Real life micro skills are FTW!

Generally when I say, "Alright, if that's how you wanna play" it means i turned off half of the things that are taking my attention away.

But, I am not superhuman or anything; and this game is easy to macro while doing 5 other things IRL. Anyone would have time to watch their opponents, if nothing else. You will just have to watch for other things. Item abilities, item graphics, stats, damage, ect.

for people who dont pay attention to their opponent, the game wont change. for people who do, it will be more difficult. However, it is the people who are really into gameplay that will get challenged by this change.

... We should play a 3v3 dark mode tonight...

EDIT, cuz of piss;
Sure, with almost any reasonably balanced game, the ability to micro well can set you apart from the other players. The biggest problem though, is that because it is a custom game, and there are so many items and abilities; there is almost no need to hardcore micro. The difference between a win and a loss in a duel can be the fact that you got an AMS potion at the last second; or that you spent the past 15 minutes breaking a swet trying to optomize your microing ability.

In CHA, if you are gonna lose, then you are prolly gonna lose anyway. If you are gonna win, then you are prolly gonna win anyway. Unless our fan base becomes massive; there is no need to put that much effort into a game, because there are so many other factors that will give you the win or loss.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:24 pm

ill be on around 9-10 central till late late tonight cause i don't work till 10 tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Ok, ill add some reason behind my no. I personally plan strats and defensives against what enemies have in their inventory, like you guys said earlier. However, this is not a huge advantage, as ANYONE can do this. Yes, it could provide an X-factor that would make the game more balanced? (not sure if thats the right term). But, that also allows people to have dozens of hidden tricks up their sleeve. Like in duels for example, seeing their inventory could be the decision of a win or loss. If i see they have no pots/ams, i will do my best to not use my nuke, and then use my nuke to gank them immediately after the duel with my nuke. as im typing this, im not sure where im going... but yah, theres some actual input, i was rushing before to put in a yes or no because i thought i was gonna be out for the night.

EDIT

plus, it seemed like a vote, as in yay or nay
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:46 pm

I dont do polls because yes and no is of no importance. Saying yes or no will not change anyones opinion. Arguing the reasoning behind your opinion might make people see your side of it.

then again, everyones mind is made up before the question is asked; if you agree with someone else, it is only by coincidence.

I do see your point H; however, my opinion, and I think charges opinion also, is that exactly what you posted is wrong. It is pretty cheap that you can simply look that they purchased an AMS, so you decide not to cast certain spells. If they have a potion, let it be a trick up their sleeve. you also have a potion, they wont know about it. this will force people to assume the worst at all times, and constantly play on their toes. Or in the case of pubs; nothing will change except for always being asked "Why do you deal so much damage? what item gives damage? How R dmg? Why did my father leave me? Who put that volcano there?
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:48 pm

Hmm I dont know it seems countering the items/skills is the whole game by making the items invisible to view your basically going to cause speculation of wether or not somebody is hacking. WTF you went from near death to fully healed with no spell cast H4X I t3llzsa. Some minor question omg he got ams is it the skill or the potion? I dont know I dont really care if I can see their items or not. I highly doubt the it hurts the pros most of you tend to know each other and know who goes what and can naturally make the assumption.
Back to top Go down
Yetidiah
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 3:59 pm

I think blanking inventories is a great idea, when i played most of my games in the 1v1 tourney all i would do since i used pretty much the same build all the time was base my build on what items they were making. If someone was stacking a ton of armor early game i just made higher damage stuff because they didn't hurt me with their +12 damage. Knowing your enemies items makes it a lot easier to counter them, "this guys making a light shield well then ill just pick up some crit or bash to eat the spell block then have at it". its stuff like this that makes it less about planning items yourself and more about picking apart flaws in your opponents item build.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 10:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New "Other" Suggestions   New "Other" Suggestions - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

New "Other" Suggestions
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next