Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 I_vote_lcapNew Skill Suggestions - Page 22 I_voting_barNew Skill Suggestions - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 I_vote_lcapNew Skill Suggestions - Page 22 I_voting_barNew Skill Suggestions - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

New Skill Suggestions

Go down 
+57
fmdragon
iLLuRe
stomp2anewbeat
Bromancing_The_Venom
CrimsonShift
tuusneegepro
Subz
psychonautics
V.Young
Shankz
dermiester
i_am_that_is
epicpowda11
ProfessorPain
SilverKing
Mr.Blonde
i_4got_my_user
Mr_MarshmeIIow
KJC
Sharky
Azrael_Zephon
Britlind
Legend_of_Moose
Potter
W_never_lose_MW
Pissonmyhands
Soul_Thirst
glaukenschtuken
Malignant.Puppy
chehong
John
accursed
AngelofChaos
Dameon
imsofattest
Wrathtoruin
didnotmeanto
Niggonometry
bloodrill
KOnYiu
sami_gurl
MarkJr
yiff_fox
enustik
Chao_Chaos
Mwahahahahahahahahahaha
verti89
jarjar
Cha_Freak
iBristleBack
connguatrang
juicifer
carefulibite
Flamdar
Godric
dm_knight
Glorn2
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
CrimsonShift
Nooblet
Nooblet
CrimsonShift

New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:15 pm

Might i suggest an ultimate version of battle roar?
Sort of like a twin/opposite to avatar,
Instead of the armor, spell immunity, dmg and hp increase
Why not make it like a...ms, as, hp regen and mana increase?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Alright; I will try to come up with some suggestions; my biggest problem is that I am semi-drained of ideas. I have a handful though.

Land Mines: (point target)
Unit drops an invisible, invuln mine at point; If an enemy comes within X of it, it explodes in X raduis, dealing X damage. If nothing comes near it, after X seconds it explodes anyway.
- A unit needs to be able to have multiple mines down at once (Cd shorter than duration)
- Explosion AoE and Damage increase with level

Paralysis: (unit target)
Casts a curse on an enemy (buff) causing the unit to be stunned for X seconds every X second, lasting for X seconds. If the unit is debuffed/ ability wears off, it is stunned for an additional X seconds.
- Debuff stun and duration have to be changable with level

Lightswarm: (no target)
Hero shoots out X number of little bolts, each of which hit a random unit in X range of the hero, dealing spell damage.
*I am kinda looking for an animation that has them come out like a locust swarm; but hit like a single target spell on each target. Maybe launch them up like flares or something? IDK, not too picky.
- Damage and number of swarms/bolts must increase with level

Soundwave: (point target)
Shoots out a soundwave from the hero. Say; 60 degrees in front of the caster? casting out 700 feet/area; goes through targets hit; dealing X damage and silencing units hit for X seconds.
- Damage and silence time increases with level

Spitfire: (no target)
Similar to an inferno ability; but with fast firing bolts. While casting for X seconds, the hero cannot move or attack, but can spin. Whatever direction the hero is facing, shoots a small fireball every .X seconds; dealing X damage to anything hit.
- Damage increases with level, time between "attacks" decreases per lvl, range on bolts increases with level.

Frozen Shield: (Target unit)
(Diablo 2 type skill) Unpurgeable buff. While this is up; gives a chance when the hero is attacked; a small bolt of ice shoots back in the direction of the attacker (no target lock on) the bolt, if it hits an enemy, deals X damage and slows the targets for X seconds. (can just use frost slow for this)
- buff duration, damage, and slow duration increase with level

Thor's Curse: (target)
debuff, Deals spell damage every X seconds to the target. When it is purged, or the timer runs out; it causes a lightning explosion, dealing additional damage in an AoE.
- Damage per second, End Damage, and AoE increase with level.

DragonSlayer: (self cast)
Allows melee units to attack flying units, and gives them X bonus damage, for X seconds.
- Damage increases with level

Sonic Boom: (no-target)(Basic knockback)
Pushes all enemies in an area back X yards. Pathing remains on during this; but units cannot attack or cast while being pushed.
- Distance pushed, and speed pushed change with level.

I have submitted these to a skill-maker; lets see if he can make them!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
tuusneegepro
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
tuusneegepro

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:34 am

About that dragon slayer right there... Didn't you say b4 that you do not want to make a skill that is only for melee/ranged... sure it adds a bit of dmg but then i say you can also add the skeleton arrow thingy with some extra dmg or something...

Also, what about toggleable orbs, like a frost atk that you can toggle on and off, each attack needing mana ofc
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:40 am

Dragon Slayer is an innate ability; suggested by didnot; and I feel it is alright, as an innate. It gives damage to whoever uses it; pretty simple. The orb part I feel is pretty valid for melee users; but compare it to what they really need: survivability. Melee needs movespeed for PvP, and HP to survive creeps. This ability makes them not get those things; in return for saving 200G? The damage is the biggy on this one; not the 200G orb affect; just a bonus.

Toggle orbs? uhhh... There is frost arrow; and fire arrow. I believe that I can add this, and make them for melee also. Change the bolt animation, and, thats about it. I am not sure if things like this allow you to target air if you cannot already though... Maybe for the attack that it is being cast. I cannot give it a CD of zero and make it very good though...
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:17 pm

my faves are mines and sonicboom, they really sound like interesting skills that are very situational and would add alot to the game. i also like spitfire and frozen sheild, as they are dodgeable and it would make people pay more attention to moving there hero correctly.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:50 pm

spitfire might not be the way I requested it; I believe he was having troubles with part of it. The minor change i know of is that the missiles will pass through anyone they hit. There might be a few other minor changes.

Anyway; I complied a list of new skills I wanna add; once I actually add them; along with the ones posted here... I will add to my post in the general discussion about the new skills.
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:21 pm

i know ive been saying a decent amount about ancient apparition lately, but his ultimate is my favorite. basically, its a bolt, shot out from the hero in a target direction, but it doesnt stop until you press a button. then, it explodes. dealing X amount of damage. also, any units that were hit in the path of the bolt take X amount of dps. you could copy/paste/nerf it from an unprotected version of dota. just a thought. i loved that skill so much.
Back to top Go down
iLLuRe
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:09 am

Theres no MP increase skill

Also, could there be a skill that cancels all buffs on 1 hero, and stops it from casting. Like that other skill, but for longer since its 1 person
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:48 pm

glorn i have an idea for a skill. This may be op, but its basically the same as the sentries ability in sc2.

Forcefield: makes a 200 by 200 square impassable by any unit. low cd, low manacost. cd and manacost decrease by lvl. this could create some really interesting tactics by using impassable terrain in this, also blocking off your opponents base entrance once the cd gets really low. it might be overpowered, as you could be a ranged and stand in the corner of a duel and surround yourself with feild and not be attacked by melee, but i want your feedback. if it is op, you could make it so units with avatar can pass over fields. if your standing ontop of where a player casts forcefeild, youll just be shifted to whatever side your closest to.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 6:25 pm

the best way to make an ability like that would be to use wards; like bone wall. Essentially, it blocks off a chunk of land. I was thinking of adding an ice wall ability though; casts an icy wall; u freeze if you get too close. as far as making an area of land impassable... seems too... difficult.
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 6:48 pm

k, bonewall is one of my fave skills but the moment they get an item invis its pretty fail. a freeze wall would be very nice tho, id like to see that in the game
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:08 am

Custom hero arena X has that glorn :/ its a hive workshop skill... neway~ i was thinking of something and in regards to bonewall's effectiveness its strong and , is it plausible to create a short cooldown, high manacost, cc ability that acts like forcefield from starcraft :? different forms of cc would be nice as well. each level would increase it's durability and mana cost just like bonewall, but it would be much weaker and would be used as a skill to affect pathing.
Back to top Go down
iLLuRe
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:30 am

Could there be a skill that improves range for a set time?
like Improves range by X amount for X seconds. If Melee, then becomes range.
Back to top Go down
chehong
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 3:17 am

Hefty Slash: Innate Only melee (Set the skill Defend attack speed value Positive to 50,45,40,35,30 and set the % to 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 times att)
Note: can be dodged once the opponent runs out of melee before half the animation of attack

Basically messing with inverse value of Footmen's defend ability, and pretty cool animation of slow motion, with some dodging tactics
Back to top Go down
Azrael_Zephon
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Azrael_Zephon

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 5:03 am

Ulti skill

Fist of Gul'dan

it would be like mana explotion, exept, that it drains all your hp and doing NORMAL dmg to your oponents

Idea

misc skill

rain of fire

does 60 spell dmg to 200 yard area ... and it increases on each lvl ofc

defensice or misc skill

blink

teleports you 100 yard area it will increase 10 yard each lvl and reduc the cooldown

misc skill

rupture

damages the enemy and breaks his armor by -2 during 45 each lvl increases ofc

some ideas, you can come up with something glorn ;D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Azrael_Zephon
fmdragon
Average Player
Average Player
fmdragon

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:31 am

i like to suggest a skill for both ranged and melee,

Name: Dragons will

effect: when attacked you have a X% chance to get X% hp back and a X% chance to get X% mana. for X amount of secends

Down side: lowers your deff by X% and movement speed by X%. takes a med-lot of mana
Suggesting starting cast cost to be about 200 mana or more.
with each lvl deff X% is lowered and chances increce. and time increced

i was thinking put the hp about 5-10% for the regain and the mana have it a little better so that way the mana is gotten back better but have the % at lower on mana then the % on hp or vice versa.
im just throwing out a skill that can help mana and hp with out being WAY over powered i would like suggestions on if this is good or over powered and ways to improve it better.

Have it instant cast with a few sec cool down so that way it wont be abused. i want the cooldown to stay the same but the time that lasts on it to be some were like on the vamp skill that gives life. this skill is sugested so that the hero can have the mana to keep casting spells, and having a chance to win duels if team leaves on them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/danlowthewild
Azrael_Zephon
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Azrael_Zephon

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:34 pm

it sounds more like a passive skill
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:13 pm

if it was a 1% chance to restore 1%+.1% mana and HP, it would be... idk, better than holy light or mana restore, in a 1v1 situation. Add in the thought of 5 creeps attacking you at once, it it would be.. say.. better than typing "power overwhelming"

math, for critics:

1%=1/100 attacks
Max attack is slightly better than 2 attacks per second (we will say 2)
1% chance to proc on attack/when attacked is ~ 1 proc every 50 seconds. max level would be 2.5% healed; on, say, a slim 10,000 hp which is easy to hit on any hero. that is 2500 hp and mana. which is about equal to max rank holy light+mana restore; on double the CD. twice the affect, twice the CD=about equal.

as for the other 47 variables.. uhhh... the tooptip seems like it would be too long and complex to read, let alone ever use in a balanced game.
Back to top Go down
fmdragon
Average Player
Average Player
fmdragon

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:50 pm

thats the thing i dont want it to be a passive because then its OP but if u give it some effect as vamperic skill were its timed and u get % steal on dmg then it could be more balnced. i see what your saying glorn.. any suggestions on how to make it more fair to were it works like holy light and mana syphon type way?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/danlowthewild
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:54 pm

At this point are we even adding new skills.The final edit for Wc3 is near release and work on Sc2 is far off from adding skills.So why is this even being discussed?
Back to top Go down
Azrael_Zephon
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Azrael_Zephon

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:45 am

to fill up the blank spaces in defensive, misc, innitiate and ulti selection?
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:34 am

That would be awesome except that to add new skills requires multiple edits to test and balance and right now we really don't have the player base to test.
Back to top Go down
selkit
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: New skill based off adding items   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 6:47 pm

This is for a misc skill or offensive
Using spell book
each level you get a random item that is lvl appropriate eg for first lvl the very best you could get its prolly a starting wep or orb and very worse maybe an orb of range?
Maybe endgame u can have an immortals item on very low percentage etc etc...<<< do it cause u know its a good idea <<if ucan
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:06 pm

That is not a good idea. Here's why...

15 levels to the skill = 15 items

a level 1 appropriate item costs roughly 2000 gold, so you can have double the stats of your enemy right from the get-go.

one of the last items you get (scepter of the holy protector for example) costs 40k. from the premade shop. if you get one from the skill, you have essentially doubled your gold. And if you main level this skill, it will give you a significant bit of gold very fast.

If you hold off on leveling it until the end, you will have a shit ton of gold in which to use in the end game (which is very big)

So, i wouldnt say your suggestion is the worst of all time, but its definitely up there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Reopening Skill Suggestion for the New edit. Just to remind everyone again.

Balance the skill around skills that are already in the game. Glorn would rather see an idea that needs to be buffed, than one that needs to be nerfed. If he feels you are trying to add something that you want to abuse, He will start ignoring your requests.

Any skills that are balance, and not too similar to ones already added, He will put some serious thought into adding!

***THIS IS NOT A SPAM SECTION***

Otherwise here is what we need to fill the empty slots in the shops.

No new Offensive's needed
3 new Defensive's needed
2 new Misc skills needed
6 new Innate's needed
4 new Ultimate's needed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Suggestions   New Skill Suggestions - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Skill Suggestions
Page 22 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next