Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 I_vote_lcapCHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 I_voting_barCHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 I_vote_lcapCHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 I_voting_barCHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

CHA RPG, lets build a story!

Go down 
+11
Ignaciorocks
Sharky
Mr.Blonde
Niggonometry
verti89
Pissonmyhands
KOnYiu
HLWG
baneofdeath
Shankz
Glorn2
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:16 am

The current heroes we have are

Paladin - Tank/Group Buffer Hybrid
Druid - Healer/DPS Hybrid
Bandit Lord - Melee DPS
Sniper - Ranged DPS
Pirate King - Melee DPS
Archer - Ranged/Spell DPS Hybrid

What i am looking for now is 2 more healers/DPS hybrids, 2 more tanks, and another spell, ranged, and melee DPS. If you would like to help, let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:28 am

the criteria for a hero is also that it must have 1 true strong point, and 1 solid weak point.

that is, dont give someone a decent auto attack, with solid spell damage, any form of heal; and make them agi (armor gain). Cough, ranger.... Her downside is than she consumes an ass ton of mana. an agi hero reliant on mana.

All heroes need to be able to play the game in an enjoyable manner if they dont have a party with them (healers can still quest; tanks can kill things, DPS cant stack HP/armor and pewpew endlessly)

Values on skills and stuff will be decided when there is something to scale them against.. like, quest difficulty.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:39 am

Ranged Caster
Wizard - ranged DPS. he has no heals or no tanking ability pure glass cannon, however has some disables so can do well versus 1v1 creeping, small groups will crush him.

Priestess - Ranged DPS/healer. has heals and DPS, but lacks in auto attack and has long Cool Downs on his dps.

Knight riding in Heavy armor, he has NO int gain! He has spells that cost HP however, this makes him a tricky melee tank to use.

ill think of more later...
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:07 pm

would classes play an integral role in the story?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:59 pm

Monk is another class, he is an INT based tank who tanks with mana shield and is melee!!! bam thats your last tank
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:05 am

HLWG wrote:
The current heroes we have are

My proposed revisions in bold:

Paladin - Tank / Minor Group Buffer and Minor Healer Hybrid
Druid - Healer / DPS (Cat Form) / Tank (Bear From)
Bandit Lord Rogue - Melee DPS
Sniper Marksman - Ranged DPS
Pirate King - Melee DPS (Unecessary)
Archer Ranger - Ranged/Spell DPS Hybrid

What i am looking for now is 2 more healers/DPS hybrids, 2 more tanks, and another spell, ranged, and melee DPS. If you would like to help, let me know. Added these below.

Heals/DPS 1: Holy Priest (Group Buffs Too) / Shadow Priest (Spell DPS)

Heals/DPS 2: [Unknown]

Tank 1 : Guardian (Defensive Melee [Has abilities to allow him to block, parry, and outright dodge harmful attacks, and with skill, eventually reflect spells with his shield] uses a shield and a sword).

Tank 2 : Druid (Bear Form)

Spell DPS : Warlock (Pure DPS, his powers rely on his (and his allies) lifeforce to propel his power, he has abilites to suck the life out of his foes, but otherwise rely on his party's healers to refuel his gauges).

Ranged DPS: [We have 2 already]

Melee DPS : Berserker (His abilites cost rage [Mana], he has no regen for his rage [Mana] except by inflicting physical pain on his enemies, drains at a -1 rate, but every successful attack/ability gives x rage.

Just my thoughts.

If you guys need any help with anything let me know, I'd love to help with this.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:48 am

Subz, the heros we have already are set. We are not doing any forms or shapeshifting. Also, most of what you suggested would make this game exactly like World of Warcraft. The point of this is to be unique, not do something that has been done over and over.

Charge, mana shield is bad, and we are avoiding putting this into the game. I am putting in a warlock, which is similar to your idea for the wizard. For the priest, i'm working on it. As for the knight, id have to talk to glorn about having spells based off of HP. I see this as a problem though, having your tank use spells that reduce his tankability significantly. Also, i can see him becoming overpowered like bokor in TBR.

As for remaining heros... i currently have their base ideas formed, and now just need to come up with their spells. I recently put this on hold however, because im currently on break, and i was waiting on glorn to make some progress on the map, that way we could collaberate more on what we want the heros to do, and how they should work together. Im starting up again now though, and should have the last heros finished by the end of the week.

That being said If you need me, ill try to be on vent as much as i can be.
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:53 am

You realize WoW is basically murdering anything that moves, and if 3 of my heroes match WoW in small ways no matter, they didn't invent them. Being like WoW would be giving a single tank a choice of being a tank or DPS. I forgot Shapeshiftting would be next to impossible to do, but atleast make a dedicated healer, we have only one healer a solid healing hero class would be good.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:10 am

Subz, the reason we need healer/dps hybrids is that dedicated healers cannot kill anything. Sure, you can autoattack it to death while healing yourself, but that will take forever. The idea of rage, aka mana gained by attacking only, is one of the most prominent "mana" systems used in wow. The ideas you brought up are not what i am looking for. Also, do not say what we do or do not have until you actually see the heroes with their spells and abilities. If you feel the need to talk more about this, either send me a PM, or talk to me on vent when i am on it.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:01 am

shapeshifting works... they have druids w/ 2 forms and plenty of transformations in wcIII Smile
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:44 am

... shapeshifting does not work in custom games. It resets any possible custom stats when you change form; and you can never get them back. If you were to build a game around that failure, then you could have a game that uses it. However, without saving everything into variables; and replacing the unit with a new unit with matching abilities and such... shapeshifting will not work. And at that point; there is nothing WC3 about the ability; it is 100% custom.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:02 pm

Firstly mana shield isn't broken if you balance it well... neither are HP based spells... they just require you know... you to work on them.

plus the bokor is broken because his spells deal damage based on HP, instead of taking a fixed amount of HP to cast like normal spells take a fixed amount of mana to cast. and doing a fixed amount of damage.

and shapeshifting won't work unless... you put in an extra page of code per hero... unless you cheat and just pause the hero transfer items and send him back. it gives you .01 sec invulnerability but it is a cheating way to do it.
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Well, is it possible to say have the shield last for 15 sec, and only protect you from 500 damage? The values can be changed, but is it possible?

For the pure healer, make his spells able to both damage for half or heal for full, or you could make him a shaman and summon wards which boost allies and attack for him.

For the 0.1 invuln wouldn't it throw the enemies off?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:11 pm

I think that most things are possible to be added, with the proper amount of balance. I want to try to stay away from mana shield; however, It is not ruled out as "OP".

The easiest way to make a hero transformation system would be to make a new unit (your new hero) set the stats of your old hero to variables; save all the items to variables, save current life and mana as percents to variables, save skills to variables, and then add all of those variables to the new hero; and delete the old hero; after setting the new hero to fill all of the variables of the old hero.

I mean; it is very possible to add a transformation hero; I would just really rather not; because what I explained above is dummed down; and it would requires pages of script.

Again, I am not ruling anything out; because if it is possible to do, then, well... it is possible to be added. In CHA it is impossible to do; because the coding would have to be about 20 pages per hero (100 heroes) math=bad. In an RPG; having it on a single hero would be possible. It is just that it can be buggy; and until I have a playable version of the game going; I dont want to go through all of that triggering; same as a rage system.

These things are possible; but I do not plan to add in something along those lines until more of the major triggering is done. 1 week on a hero is a bad use of time ATM.
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:15 pm

Well, my rage idea wouldn't be that difficult would it Glorn? I mean, give the Berserker a permanent -1 mana drain on him and the only way to replenish it would be through damage, and have him have a maximum mana count of like 100.

My shapeshifting character would be cool to see, but would require to much time/effort. So scrap that.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:05 pm

the rage one wuldnt work though; because items give int, mana, and mana regen. there is no way to remove all of that (plus int from leveling) from his use, without severely limiting his choices in gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Well, when editing the hero, go into his stats and turn his mana regeneration rate to 0.00. Then make make a trigger forcing his maximum/regeneration rate 0. Then give him a passive that restores x mana on hit? And for his intelligence make it 0.10/level, so he can hold more rage with experience.

Possible?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:51 am

there are still items that grant int/mana. Allowing him to have say... 5000 rage from items, defeats the purpose when there is something like a healing shrine nearby. And mana regen from stats is something globally set; cannot be set for a single hero.

The idea would be possiible using a custom bars system, and an ass ton of variables... but really, that would be more legwork than the morphing hero idea.
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:05 am

Damn, oh well.

Scrap that too, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:37 am

Why not copy the old Onimusha games as far as templates are concerned concerning branching story line. Isn't that what this is getting at?
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:07 pm

No, Glorn wants this to be unique, not another copy/pasted story.

That sounded rude (not intended), but Glorn and a couple others are already laying down the rails for the story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CHA RPG, lets build a story!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3