Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
CHA RPG, lets build a story! I_vote_lcapCHA RPG, lets build a story! I_voting_barCHA RPG, lets build a story! I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
CHA RPG, lets build a story! I_vote_lcapCHA RPG, lets build a story! I_voting_barCHA RPG, lets build a story! I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

CHA RPG, lets build a story!

Go down 
+11
Ignaciorocks
Sharky
Mr.Blonde
Niggonometry
verti89
Pissonmyhands
KOnYiu
HLWG
baneofdeath
Shankz
Glorn2
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

CHA RPG, lets build a story! Empty
PostSubject: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:35 am

The private edit of CHA is my final edit, right? right. There is still balancing to be done and all that; but a vast majority of the work is done. Same with CHA-line wars; the unhosted project. With the recent defeat of my car, I am left with less money than I would like to pretend I have. this means I will have to hold off on a new computer. that leads to the while "SC2 editing" business.

Pretty much, every time I pick up a new game, I find every flaw in it, and wish to correct those flaws.

So, in the meantime, I am looking to make a CHA RPG, to explain the story line.

Just some general info,
this will not be a custom hero game.
the heroes, skills, and items, along with all that stuff will be made from scratch (no copy/paste)
This will be 3 separate games; like, different maps. This is to ensure there will be true content for level groups; rather than killing boars in the forest.
Levels wil be hard earned, and there will be good bonuses with levels.
Healers and tanks will not be the red-headed step children.

What I am looking for here, more than anything, is some fanfic, actually.

By that I mean, a general story line to follow, that will grant content along with a mildly interesting story line; rather than runing from boss to boss trying to get a lucky drop.

Me and shankz have been throwing ideas around; and feel as though we have a decent concept for the three games.

Game 1: (levels 1-40)
Ragnarok is a prince, a good guy; your buddy. In the end, his kingdom is burned to the ground and he is dragged away by the Lich.

Game 2: (Levels 30-70)
Your party of heroes sets out to find the missing prince, in hope to restore order to the kingdom. You fight through shit and at the end, find Ragnarok. He isnt the peace loving prince he used to be. He is an asshole. BOOM, next game.

Game 3: (Levels 60-100)
Ragnarok is now an asshole. you have to fight your way into his castle eventually; and kick his ass.

Game 4: (Levels 100+) possible expansion
Kill the litch and badger! j/k j/k

Alright; make this into a movie.

content content content, that is very important. various bosses in all versions. Include the elementals and archons in there.

Again, content, along with a longggggg drawn out story.
As the CHA community, I want this story to be made by you guys. As such, outside of the main story line, I am willing to add in funny side quests. things like a shankz arena. things like killing a "king Dermie" or dodging a priest running around throwing bombs, called venom.

HOWEVERRRRR, it isnt until there is some sort of story that I will consider things like that.

Most importanty, will be the level 1-40 part of the game. that is the early game content, and early game story. This is important because it is what will be worked on first. So, get together with some ideas and see what we can make!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:52 am

This is what we were talking on fb.. Ill prolly think of more at school tommarrow.

Chapter 1-

Vespean Ragnarok is a strong mage very skilled in the arts of magic. Eventually the evil Lich Queen Desired this power of ragnarok and sent her forces to capture him. They do so and while they're at it, burn down his village. We return from an errand at another village to find our home town polished down to nothing more of ashe and broken bricks. We find a surviving elder on the verge of death who gives us a brief explanation of what happened. We then send out in the continet of w.e to vairous villages towns and captials gaining information where rag may be. We eventually learn hes in the lich's palace.

Chapter 2-

After learning where rag may be, we spend time locating the palace, hidden in the mountains. After wards we go travel there only to find out the door is magically locked and requires the 5 elementals to unlock it. We spend most of chapter 2 searching for these elementals by using the information we gathered from the other villages and towns.

Chapter 3-

Theres a strange guard blocking rag's temple demanding something valuable for information. Once we give him this valuable thing he gives us information on the 4 archons and he moves. We continue and kill the archons then battle rag, the same dude before returns to help us claiming to be Yiff(a once noble knight who disappeared from the village years ago)finally rag snaps out of his demonic curse and joins us to battle lich queenin the end before she dies she throws a final blow at ragnarok using him to summon a giant demon from the depths of hell final boss fight.

Just some ideas Ofcourse despite this main plot there will be many other side quests and optional quests.

Edit: OMG just read the Shankz arena, deffinetly should be one in one of the villages allowing you to pvp various monsters or mini bosses for extra cash or even pvp a player.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:20 am

I wrote litterally about 7 pages about Cha fanfiction in the OT thread. There is my contribution.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:31 am

im thinking that yiff should be a cursed knight, frozen in that form from royally pissing off the lich queen. foiling some evil plan yada yada. but otherwise, its a good base story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:46 am

undead, you wrote 7 pages of sami running rampant killing everything in sight. nothing at all to do with CHA.
Back to top Go down
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:44 am

Not true, there was definately some lore in there. you're just mad because i made you an eccentric Treant
Back to top Go down
KOnYiu
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
KOnYiu

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:52 am

before making any suggestion, i wanna ask what do you want this map to be ? is it just for the lulz, or do you mean this map is gonna pwn every rpg in bnet?

It is nice to see you have this thought in ur mind glorny, but making a rpg takes a long time, especially when you mention ur gonna make 3 of them
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:21 am

Pretty much, Aiming to be one of the better rpgs out there. Yeah its alot of work for one person but atm its a team of glorn,h and i and im sure anyone else who wants could join us on the project if they would talk to glorn. But even if not, i think between the 3 of us we can get a beta of chapter 1 up in a couple months if not sooner.

And yeah H we could roll with that, Prehaps make him like the Lich's 2nd in command and has been loyal to her for centuries and during the fight she tosses him to the side, Feeling betrayed he helps us?

Edit: OR we could see him frozen along the way(during one of the sidequests or when we're exploring the map) and we can choose wether to help him or not, if we do he helps us fight the lich, if not we dont see him near the end.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 am

It is going to be a kickass RPG, and for the luls.

I mean, any great RPG in history has a good story line that is at least somewhat interesting to follow, right?

sure RPGs are complex; but do you not think CHA is complex? the handful of people who have seen the script for it will tell you... it is insane.

Also just like to note, that I am teaching shankz and H how to trigger. Right now though, they are on storyline detail; until they can learn to trigger like a champ! I am also recruiting a helping hand from the hive workshop for the sake of triggering. I figure me+3 other people will be as productive as me and a half of me. kekekekekeke

Okay; so, this is what shankz has for the first part:
Quote :
Chapter 1-

Vespean Ragnarok is a strong mage very skilled in the arts of magic. Eventually the evil Lich Queen Desired this power of ragnarok and sent her forces to capture him. They do so and while they're at it, burn down his village. We return from an errand at another village to find our home town polished down to nothing more of ashe and broken bricks. We find a surviving elder on the verge of death who gives us a brief explanation of what happened. We then send out in the continet of w.e to vairous villages towns and captials gaining information where rag may be. We eventually learn hes in the lich's palace.

Right, good. Now; make this into a longer story. Remember, this is going to be 20-30 hours of playtime. You gotta have some sort of plot.
Intro, build up, climax, downfall, conclusion.

Sorry for going all "english major" here; but this is how stories are made. Turn what you have there into a story line. Write up a general intro to the first chapter, a build up, a climax, a downfall, and then a conclusion. Spread them all out into separate paragraphs; and build on them as you think of things.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:59 am

I dont support this idea at all. to say the newest edits or cha hero line wars is close to complete is a fallacy to say the least... heres my two cents

Heroes run around in a similar fashion to any normal rpg game. Skills are learned through traversing the map, questing, and leveling. Spells are kept in a spell book and can be accessed at all times via switch function like in battle mages allowing heroes to carry up to 4 moves at a time and toggle between different ones. In addition i'd hope that you'd introduce classes like ur basic warrior, cleric, druid, rogue, mage, ect. in a "CHA" rpg to keep the element of CHA alive i'd personally suggesting allowing for unlimited dipping into classes but your first class will be the easiest to level... or more like each consecutive class you pick up becomes increasingly more difficult to level and in addition imparts small hindrances to leveling your other classes.

Now story
First the world:
The world is broken up into 4 sections: the wilds (the largest and most climate diverse section the the world comprising of both forests, desserts, plains, and snow), the ocean broken up into (the endless coasts, forgotten isles, and Aquaria (underwater country), the heavens (broken up into the tree of the sky (a massive tree that is said to be the tallest pillar connecting earth and the heavens) infinite blue skies, the lofty white clouds, and heavenly cosmos) and the underworld (broken up into the upper grave, the river of styx, the seven levels of punishment, and Tartarus. In the wilds live the gnolls, trolls, night elves, dwarves, giants, and human.
Arc 1
You’re an human apprentice "insert class here" you show great promise as a student and are training in the royal court by "insert faction/guild of class" you spend your time roaming the castle grounds learning things about the game, the world, your enemies, ect and you meet Prince Andrew Ragnaros the VI, son of Julius Ragnaros the V King. After a few exchanges you two become great friends as, Andrew (a bit of a wild trouble maker) feels too cooped up in the castle. You go on many adventures together with your companions slowly training yourself up to become a full fledged member of the guild. Along your journeys and missions you slowly uncover, with the prince as your companion, a foul plot being nurtured by a fanatic and surprisingly influential group of cultists working for a radical section of hell. Their goal: Tip the balance of power in favor of the denizens of Hell and make a world entirely fit for demons, fiends, devils, and undead alike (cept u don’t know that yet and you simply dispatch of a few minor cultists with the help of your guild master believing that the crisis has been averted). By the time you’re about to finish with your training and be accepted as a fully fledged (insert class) King Julius Ragnaros dies of an incurable illness (that has been ailing him ever since you discovered clues of the foul plot) and Andrew is coroneted on his father’s death bed. Upon his coronation you become ambassador between your guild and the royal court. Over a small course of time Andrew slowly gets consumed by his position and you see less and less of him until finally, he is no longer able to see you anymore all the while talking about “a glorious country” and “expansion” and “rebirth”. All seems ok if not a little fishy until, during a mission, you find out that the royal advisor (ya it’s always freggin him) is a key member In the cult and has been plotting against the kingdom the entire time. You attempt to warn the king but it is already too late. By the time you return to town you manage to catch a quick glimpse of the city before all apocalyptic hell breaks loose, creatures from what seems like your wildest nightmares spawn from the shadows, burst from furnaces, skitter from cracks in the wall, and rise from the very darkest depths of hell. You manage to meet up with a small resistance of guild members and refugees and help them defend against the armies of radical hell. While you’re fighting you inquire where the prince is. You are informed that he is still in the castle, and immediately you rush to his rescue while the others retreat from the burning castle, preparing themselves to scatter across the world. You sneak past legions of horrible monsters and manage to make it into the inner sanctum where former knights, and servants await, “dying” to see you again. They attack you and you manage to navigate through safe rooms until finally you get to the throne room. There you see your childhood friend, sitting atop his throne he welcomes you and after a short exchange you do battle with the royal advisor whom you assume is pulling all the strings. Upon his defeat you rush to your friend only to find that he too has been afflicted by the darkness (but not hopelessly so) as you attempt to leave the room the doors shut and an Necromancer, a Arch lich, and a Dread lord spawn and snatch him back. You attempt to fight back but you are blasted across the room by a wall of energy. Dazed, hopelessly outmatched , and you friend hanging like a puppet between the dark lords, you give one last fatal attempt to attack as you are surrounded by a green putrid circle of power. Ready to accept your fate, you are saved last min by the guild masters who rush in and do combat with the dark lords but are quickly dispatched. In their last ditch efforts they use their last remaining energy to send you into the arcane nether where your body is warped across the land and away from the castle.

heres your disgusting act 1 I thought it a little bit more fitting to have our hero and the prince start out as nobodies w/ little power and work their way up through interesting quests
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:24 pm

As someone who has playing forever I think it would be pretty interesting to use the progressions CHA has made as an inspiration for a CHA RPG. If possible I think it would be pretty fantastic if like early on only certain characters were pickable (the original heroes) with limited skills and they are running around in a barren wasteland. Then in the next chapter they go to Hell to fight with a bigger, stronger, more advanced force. And finally in the last chapter they return back to their own plane, with a few 'forgotten heroes' they rescued in the hell part of the story, to find it frozen solid and upon finally defeating the forces of evil restore order to their land leaving it plush and green and peaceful (until of course their own selfish desires outweighs the desire for peace and they began tearing eachother to shreds in....REVOLUTIONS!!!)

Anyway story details wise I will have to think a bit more, for the sole purpose of getting myself a name sake in the game of course, but I do think if your going to make a 'cha rpg' it should bring as much of the cha history as reasonably possible into the story line. (epic run on)
Back to top Go down
Niggonometry
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Niggonometry

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Good idea, i really enjoy rpg's the only thing i could say is that the playability of the map would seem to be quite low. It's hard enough to get a rpg game started, doing it over four different maps would be impossible unless you had a specific group you could play with. For the community it would be a fun game for a while but beyond that I wouldn't expect much.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Yeah, I can see that as being a decent downfall of the game; which is why I am trying to put a lottttt of content for the levels in. If in the first version of the map, you have to put in 20 hours of play time to beat... you might have built up that dedication to continue on to the next edit. Lower levels who join the following edits will be kicked when the game starts.

The only thing I thought of the make it more flexible was to give that 10 level leeway per edit. You can go into the second map if you are above X level and have completed the first one. If this gets on bots; we can simply give out a code at the end of the first one that you have to whisper the bot, in order to not be kicked from the game. pretty simple fix.

I also intend for the game to be playable if you are stuck alone; with exception to boss fights. So; if your friends are at school and you are home sick; you can join a pub and get a couple of levels even if you cannot find a decent party. There will be limits to player levels for various quests though; to make sure really high level players arent rushing people.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:31 pm

-Intro

-Opens with a cinematic, gives a small glance of the world saying welcome to CHA RPG or w.e names gona be. Prehaps stating an Unknown Evil has been trying to take over the world for a while now. And its madness has caused alot of the neutral creeps to go beserk. We start in the village of (blank). We are getting reports of a village disappearing over night. We're sent with ragnarok to investigate this old village, While searching the village we find nothing, We Ragnarok notices a shadow that moves quickly to the village graveyard. We follow it, Eventually entering some catacombs. In there we're jumped by the undead creeps. After battling a bit a mysterious figure emerges. It causes the catacombs to begin to collapse. We begin to run out of it. However Ragnarok does not make it. We awake back in a neighboring village recovering. After trying to remember what happened it hits us that Rag isnt anywhere near us. At that moment a villager is overheard talking to another about the Village of (Blank from earlier) was destoryed by Rag himself. We, not being able to believe go to the village and see for our selves. We discover the village has been destoryed and decide we have to find ragnarok. The group moves back to the graveyard where we last saw rag and dig our way through. We re-enter the catacombs and fight our way through skellys til we emerge near the mountain village. Clueless we learn from people of the mountain village theres an evil palace over the Great Mountain of (Blank). However this mountain is banned from anyone to walk on it. And we must get permission from the 5 elders of the main villages by doing errands and quests for them. after obtaining 5 signed permission slips form the elders. the guard of the mountain allows us through. We make it to the top of the mountain to find an undead beast, after killing it we are able to see the fortress of the unknown evil ending chapter 1.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:03 am

Chapter 2

-Opens with a small cinematic giving use a breif explanation of what happened last time. Our group at the top of the mountain, work our ways down the other side towards the evil looking palace. Once we arrive we notice 5 wierd carvings in the door with various symbols around each one. A tall dark man in some sort of a trench coat offers us advice, for a price of gold however. He tells us that the carvings are keyholes for the palace, In order to open them you must require the 5 elemental essences from each of the elemental gods. Still confused we went back to the elder of the stone village and asked him. He explained that the 5 main villages outside the capital have "special beings" with them that they worshipped. We figured these "special beings" are the elementals. He tells us they have their own, as he points to another mountain with a cave. We go up the mountain and the cave is blocked by a bolder of some sort. We attempt to break but then it comes to life! Its the Rock Elemental Roxxar! We battle it and once we've won it disinagrates into what appears to be the Rock Elemental Essence. If we lose to it, it returns to its boulder state and beginds regening. After claiming the Rock Essence the group makes its way to the nearest Village, The Village of Water. We find the Water Elemtantal (Forgot his name?) actually in the village with the villagers. We attempt to challenge us but it says its in no mood to fight. It tells us if we escort the village elder to the capital it'll gladly give us the Water Elemental Essence. So we gladly accept. However while the elder is with us, neutral creeps seem even more hostile! and assassins keep poping up trying to take out the elder. Once we're finished the water elemental gives us the essence. The elder than explains the waygate system.(Just an idea for the game) The Waygate system is the system that uses the old waygates from ancient times. Once you activate one waygate, you may go to another that u have activate before. The elder explains the village's waygate is already connnected to the fire village's gate and we're free to take it. We go to see the whole village in chaos. The Fire Elemental Infernus is fighting the villagers. They say if we help them we can have the essence. So we help them defeat Infernus claim the essence and move to the next village. In the lightning Field its dark and raining, where ever thunder strikes you lose hp. The Lightning Elemental is somewhere hidden there, even the villagers dont know. Then theres one more essence to claim, The Corruption Elemental (w.e his name) is a cheap elemental. Stealing your life and regenning, its going to take alot to beat him. Once you've claimed all 5 elemental essences you return to the evil palace to find the guy from earlier in ur way. He demands more gold for more information. After paying him he moves and tells you of the 4 archons inside the palace. Each with its own trials. He moves and you proceed to enter the palace. Ending chapter 2.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:38 pm

If you have to put 20 hours to go from levels 1-20 no one is gonna play. that is like no reward for levels. since you can put the level cap at what ever, why not just raise the cap to 999 and make the first game 1-200. people don't like to frustratingly sit at 1 level. Secondly if you expect people to play levels 1-20 for 20 hours you are gonna need an enormous items selection of about 10-20 items per class for the first few levels, because most RPG's take about 20 hours to max out everything in, and this is just the first part of this RPG, people will expect big items.

secondly, the pool of players playign RPG's still is shrinking very quickly. it will be hard to get new players into a new RPG, unless we get a bot hosting it 24/7 for months on end.

I have a lot more advice and considerations but thsi is a huge huge project that will have almost no return.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Minor entertainment is the return?

I do see your point; my general idea for levels and items and skills and such... Is yes; a lot of variety. Why? Because in spreading this story across 3 maps, it allows for a lotttt more space to do stuff per level.

Of course early levels will be fast; that is just the way it works. But, I am thinking the first map, levels 1-40 should take a good 20 hours to play though.

I plan to make new items for every 10 levels; with some special items on the 5's. Abilities; you get 1 ability point every 3 levels to invest as you would like. Ults will be picked by the player, from 3-5 choices.

Unlike TBR, where a level 20 jav can solo the game easier than a level 90 dryad... I am gonna make it so anyone can solo stuff; but boss fights require teamwork; and of course, teamwork always pays off better for creeping.

This map is more for fun than anything; really. Ive never made anything but CHA. as ive said many many times... The goal here is content.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:47 pm

Glorn on fb yesterday u were talking about adding reputation as lumber that u gian from npc's for various quests and what not. Should deffinetly make it so when someone types "greedisgood" or "whosyourdaddy" or w.e cheats to get thro the game single player it closes wc3 or ends the game so they cant save a million reputation.
Back to top Go down
KOnYiu
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
KOnYiu

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:15 pm

here something i would like to suggest...
one thing that attracts people to keep on playing rpg is... the MASSIVE number of items they can acquire from both quests and shops! If you can make like more than 150+ items or different item type in the rpg it will be great.
And guess what? i think you can pretty much copy most of the items from CHA into the rpg, this will make the rpg resemble parts of CHA.

Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 12:12 pm

All I can do is wish you luck cant offer anything useful because rpgs are not my bag. A part of me suspects that most of your fan base will be your beta testers and like by the time its release they all be like 10 levels from capping the thing and only be playing the beta of the next one your working on. Do rpg rooms fiill or is it one of those games that are unplayable because they never fill? How popular is TBR?

Game Waiting Room

Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Player 4
Open
Open
Open
Open

Computer
Computer

Player 1 OMG where the fuck is everyone
Player 2 Pff screw this Im playing dota
Player 3 Dota sucks
Player 2 You suck
Player 2 has left
Player 4 OMG
Player 4 has left
Player 1 has left
Player 2 you gay ass mother fuckers (Rofl no ones there dumb ass)
Player 2 has left the

The following spam above illustrates what happens in games that have a very small player base. Best of luck I hope this doesnt happen to you.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 1:57 pm

I hate hate hate hate that i have to agree with sharky on this one... but i will. the player base is lacking. i think you could get it to work, but the terrain is gonna have to be awesome i would also reccomend you guys try out the WoW style first person maps on WC 3 before you even begin doing anything, as it will give you an alternative to the Diablo style TBR has.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 2:11 pm

Heh, terraining. This guy that I got from the hive is gonna do the terraining for me. we all know that I suck.

What are these WoW style maps? i mean; WoW is a lot like Diablo 2; in terms of playing.

The playerbase issue is one that haunts really... everyone on WC3. Unless you are playing DOTA, you will wait forever. I have heard that a lot of DOTA bots dont even fill. WC3 is dying Sad

I understand that this game isnt gonna make it big or anything. I make games far too difficult *cough cough* for the general public to love them and adore them. This is kinda a fanart I guess. A story behind the arena. Which is why I am willing to let all of these funny things, that build the CHA community exist in them. Like, a shankz arena. A story behind the Yiff_Fox, and whatever funny stuff the clan can come up with that is reasonable.

"This is but a Tribute"
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 2:27 pm

No i meant camera style like WoW ill find a few i have played a handful over the last 10 years or so the camera is put behind your character and it moves around with you and is fixed so if you turn your camera turns and your character turns with arrow keys, though you can use the mouse....

Saying your maps are too difficult for the general public to love and adore, i think is... completely inaccurate.

But ya as fan art it could be fun to make/play through once or twice. if you want to have fun playing it mroe than 1-2 times i think you should have more custom skill choices than your ult. like 2 choices per skill imo and 3-4 for the ults...
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:35 pm

We'll proly add more skills in later versions after we finally get a beta up. Atm each class will have 4 base skills and 3-5 to pick for ultimates.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Yeah; what is really important to me, right now; is just getting something somewhat playable.

I already have an entire system for making and picking custom abilities; and I feel as though it would be great to have a custom hero RPG. I would actually really enjoy doing that.

However... I want to get a game at least mildly testable as a functioning game, before I go into the nightmare that is balancing an entire set of new abilities in a new game.

I think having a custom hero RPG is what could really give it that "lasting power" that no RPG currently has. Especially if I can reach a pretty solid level of balance that doesnt involve things being insanely OP.

the general public of WC3 are kids just starting puberty; and virgins. I will not deny that the vast majority of gamers are.... steriotypical gamers. What I have found in CHA though.. the people who attempt to take a higher level of gameplay seriously... Tend to be college students. The same can be said for DOTA, IMO. A lot of great dota players I have met have been college students; never middle school students. And personally, I would rather make a challenging game for "higher-level" players; as opposed to making a naruto arena where there are 2 OP heroes that everyone will rage over; and getr 8000 hosts a day.

This is why I am making this more of a fan art type game. I want it to be fun to play, and challenging for people who like challenges. I in no way expect it to become even as popular as CHA (which is barely top 15 of games hosted). I think it will be fun for us as a community though. even if we are the only people to play it.

Ohhh, I know what kind of RPG movement you are talking about; that does seem quite neat. Personally though, I want to stay away from arrow movement. ever actually play a game like that? The key move commands cause a great deal of lag, and more importantly, are minutely delayed. I think the camera idea is spot on though. I will have to look up a tutorial to advanced camera options.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHA RPG, lets build a story!   CHA RPG, lets build a story! Empty

Back to top Go down

CHA RPG, lets build a story!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next