Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 I_vote_lcap*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 I_voting_bar*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 I_vote_lcap*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 I_voting_bar*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions

Go down 
+9
HLWG
stomp2anewbeat
Ignaciorocks
carefulibite
Mr.Blonde
Shankz
Pissonmyhands
Sharky
Glorn2
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:34 am

New heros. i just feel like its christmas all over again when i get new heroes. it makes me happy. but yeah. id like to see air heros. not too hard to counter... just get an orb. orb of range is 300 gold. and you could do some fun things with them. but youd have to make every creep be able to hit air. idk... id just like to see something in heroes you dont see very often.

-----------

instead of reposting im just going to edit.. i realize how op that would be now... as they wouldnt have to stay in arenas for duels and stuff.... but yeah.... another idea i had was to seperate item shops differently. instead of early, middle, and late. how about str, agi, and int? just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 2:48 am

Dude I partially suspect lagless causes crashes but Im not entirely sure on that. Like half the time it is typed 15-30 minutes into the game ends with fatal.
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:36 pm

actually stomp, to ensure that air traveling heroes dont leave on duels, you can just put a pathing blocker(I think its called) on the area around the duel arenas and around the base areas so they dont go inside the bases. Also, I guess they would have to have a decreased move speed since they can fly right over things that walking heroes would have to go around, making ganking waaaaay too easy. But Its a nice idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:17 pm

I think its time to kill the Innates if you are gonna get a shop full of HP cost abilities, and Stat based abilities...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:50 pm

why would I wanna do that? I will just make the hero aura not have an icon? I think innates really add a new level to gameplay. It is amazing how such a smal thing can have an adverse effect on the game.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:06 pm

how do u propose we use things like flare, if you have potentially 6 active abilities? make us use spell books?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:07 pm

its no that i don't like innates its more of a space issue, if you can choose 7 things, you only have 6 slots on the menu
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:47 pm

i only intend to add 1 new skill house; not both of them (i included this when I typed them up) So, offensive, defensive, misc, innate, ult, and the new one; which would be EITHER stat based, or life costing abilities. Or, i may do neither, and simply add a good 30 skills to the existing houses. Depending on what the majority of people would rather see.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:51 pm

i think that you should just add 30 skills to the houses that are already there. if you add healthbased or stat based skills, it will just be whoever can rush stats faster.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:59 pm

again; you have to assume with anything that I am adding, I will make sure to add them in a balanced way. It is not in my better interest to make the game imbalanced and unplayable.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:06 pm

but still, if you are adding skills based off of health, str would have the clearcut advantage.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:09 pm

and if skills were based on mana... who would have the biggest advantage? and how reasonably balanced is the game?
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:10 pm

what do you get for being agility then?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:14 pm

if its a stat based skills... there will probably be agi based skills for damage or somthing, like an orb effect that does X% of your agi per hit as damage
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:28 pm

again; these are two different ideas; either 1 or the other; or neither.

Agility would still be agility. Again, you are completely overlooking the fact that right now; with all mana based; or passive abilities... the 3 classes are equal; is HP could also be used to cast spells; I would make it so the 3 classes are still equally playable.

Accept it, stay on topic, or shut up.

And stat based skills will be the hardest, IMO; simply because of random mode; and that it would strictly limit certain abilities to certain hero types.

I could get very unique with stat based abilities though; like, deals 10(Agility)-5(Int) so, the larger the gap between your agi and int; the more damage it deals. Or deals 7(agi+str) damage. or (movespeed/10)*(HP/100) Really, I can come up with any silly formulas for damage; but, if you random an int skill on hunter... you arent gonna put any points into it.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:35 pm

i don't think HP based skills should be added, just because the grand majority of the time HP comes from STR... true there are exceptions...

but i like the fact some skills could have HP costs, for example a heal that transfers some of our HP to an ally, but i don't think it should be in the stat shop... unless its based on the amount of HP eaten up
Back to top Go down
yiff_fox
Average Player
Average Player
yiff_fox

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 10:07 pm

have u considered doing something like cha used to and haveing one spawn in the exact center of the battle field

instead of

x_______________________________x
_______x________________ x
___________ x____ x
______ x__________________ x
x ____________________________ x

make it something like

x ____ x_________________ x___x
______________ x
______________ x
______________ x
x___ x____________________x___x

edit:: sorry apparently the forum still doesn't recognize a large # of spaces

also i dont know if this might make a difference but i liked when i wanted to steal there spawn i could do it in one cast of "insert farm here" plus like one shot on each creep now it seems like u have to have 2 casts of anything or your going to be sitting there for a while

that is if u wanted to encourage field fights

as to the spells the do u want suggestions as to ways you could go if you where to do each?
Back to top Go down
iLLuRe
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 11:07 pm

For the 10*(int-str) things, why not assign each hero one? and also, could you put a random for each skill. Say you dont know what offensive you want, you random only that skill. just like a question mark in the last tavern thingy.

And for Rag, instead of havin 4 different areas, there could be 1 area, in which after every boss, you get the tomes and wait 10 seconds for people to join. Then the boss appears in the next area. You dont need 4 spaces
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:55 am

I like ur idea yiff o.o bring some changes to farming and what not Very Happy glorn u should add this o.o
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
tuusneegepro
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
tuusneegepro

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:59 am

I think yiff's idea about the spawn changing is a very good idea, right now people HAVE to concentrate on farming and giving people some more difficulty farming than there is now would make field battle more challenging and needed. The farming part of the game atm is quite the major one and it is IMO one of the dullest ones...

Edit:
I do however believe that there should be 2 spawns in the middle and have a space between them

Last edited by tuusneegepro on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Territo
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:39 am

I also agree with tuus. It would add a new twist to the game and make it a little more exciting.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 11:28 am

2 spawns down the center? this would mean that anyone with a farmer and mana restore would win the game. The game would still be about farming; just someone with a super farmer who could rush out the gate with bombs, mana restore, frost fall; would easily win.

Think of it... People need to go center on start; if the other team gets the whole center, you will lose. If someone goes center; and dies there... Then the other team gets the creeps... it is GG.

Remember what the strat was for old CHA, when me and terra use to train people? (If you can control that center spawn, and get to it first; you cannot lose the game). Why bring back something that gives stronger players a much larger advantage over weaker ones? If you are good at the game; then go over there and kill them. A group of weak ass pubs is not going to group up and try to take the mid spawn back. They will sit back in their corners, and fight about sharing 3 creep spawns; while their opponents are 2X their level, talking shit.

People dont pvp because people dont want to pvp. With a level 1 windwalk, or an item windwalk; I can make it from my spawn; to the other side of my opponents center spawn. If I want to kill him; I have his angle to base cut off. How many people do you see do this? Would you say... 2?

Also; I do not recall at any point, ever, being able to 1 shot an entire creep spawn. I have only buffed farming skills, and nerfed creeps. About 5-7 times on each of those. Back in the very old edits, creeps maxed at level 17 and 19; so when you were 30, there were still weak ass creeps everywhere; and even then, they werent 1 shot. Fire orb was wonderful though. Really, if 1 cast of any farming spell could clear a creep spawn... Would that be silly? Get WW, mana restore, and any farmer. Ninja around the map 1 shotting every creep spawn.

Sorry; but I am failing to see any balance at all in the idea presented. It seems like you just want to win more easily against bad players by taking their creep spawns with much less effort. And taking someones creep spawn doesnt really create good field pvp. It creates a large imbalance in levels and items. Which late, could turn into 1 sided field pvp. But more likely will result in some rushed immortals items, and a lot of leavers who never want to play the game again because they cant even level.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:02 pm

ok here is a concept im just gonna throw out there, how about the introduction of battle field hazards. if you have played any kind of survival game or escape game you are familiar with the concept of flames coming out of the floor, walls or falling from the sky. these could inhibit movement and would randomly move about the battle arenas.

a secondary idea that might be fun would be changing weather throughout the game. the weather would have certain effects. Snow would reduce move speed. rain would reduce vision etc.

MY final and real suggestion. Make Fog of War perma picked. this will completely change game play. Not only will ganking become much much easier, but increase the use of things like wards and summons in the game to increase vision.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Hmmm... I do like fog of war... I could do that.

The weather one is alright, but.. IDK... maybe for SC2 CHA. I like it, i just dont feel it flowing the way one might like it to.

and traps and such is baka. Bad luck and you get jibbed twice before first duel. GG pretty much. I dont want it to be so much luck based as skill based. I mean, if you pick absorb, and 2 of your lvl 1 creep spawns got a mana hero, that is great. if none do... ever... that is bad... and it is luck based... like acid rain... bleh!
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:18 pm

If he adds fog he got to rebalance the amount of site wards give you. Cast a ward and you can see over a 1000 aoe. Im not joking they select dark mode I pick ward and laugh my ass off at their attempts to hide in fog in duels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions   *GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

*GameChangers* Revs2 Suggestions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next