Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
plz make watery defenders last long EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
plz make watery defenders last long EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
plz make watery defenders last long EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
plz make watery defenders last long EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
plz make watery defenders last long EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
plz make watery defenders last long EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
plz make watery defenders last long EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
plz make watery defenders last long I_vote_lcapplz make watery defenders last long I_voting_barplz make watery defenders last long I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
plz make watery defenders last long I_vote_lcapplz make watery defenders last long I_voting_barplz make watery defenders last long I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

plz make watery defenders last long

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kidsarestupid
Unranked
Unranked

plz make watery defenders last long Empty
PostSubject: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:46 am

they only last 30 seconds,

they are supposed to defend me,
they only do for 30 secs???

for creeps: they run out of time before their hp is gone

for heroes in arena: run around them (because they are easily avoidable and you cant surround ppl with them) attack the hero summoning them and wait for their timers to run out

they are useless really.
i find the goblins do better for defence, since they last like 3 mins with duplications.
goblins can even surround ppl.

one of the many reasons only like 5 skills are consistently chosen out of each catagory (def, att, ult, and misc.)
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:53 am

These are one of those "rare" team skills. You see, they have this amazing ability called "taunt" Though it has a tiny duration, you get 3 summons, each with taunt. Also, they get spirit link. What is good about this skill is, you can link yourself to them, and they will take damage when you are hit.

Last time I used these in a clan game; they kept our entire team alive during duels. 30 seconds is plenty long enough, since you can just re-cast them. It is the mana cost that is getting you. With these little buggers, you can focus mostly damage, and run an elemental at level 20 with them tanking for you.

Let me guess, you got them on a random, and need a reason to complain about a loss?
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
kidsarestupid
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:06 am

its just very hard to farm with them to get levels when ur constantly recasting a spell that costs huge amounts of mp.

ps.
im sorry i havent made this game my life.

pps. elitism in politics/military/government/corporatism works well. but it doesnt work well with a game like this
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:18 am

Well, there is a clear difference between knowing how to use something, and claiming it doesn't work.

If you have never operated a steam roller, and you don't know how to operate one; then you climb in the seat and give it a try, only to fail... Chances are, it is your fault, not the steam rollers.

Way to take immediate offense on this video game that isn't your life though.
Back to top Go down
kidsarestupid
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:31 am

so what ur saying is i need only to focus on mana items because of this spells enormous cost????

seriously, can u be any more like:

The Elitist

They are in every game. These people look down on anyone slightly worse then them at Custom Hero Arena. They'll gaze at newbies with undisguised contempt and horde their knowledge from others like it's all they have. Elitists are everywhere and there's little you can do about them except get into flaming competitions.

Strategy Tip: LOL let them think theyre better then you. Want to really get under their skin? Act like a total dumb ass noob and take your time picking skills until the game assigns you skills and the name stupidnoob, then turn around and pawn them hard. It might not happen but there nothing more insulting to an Elitist then to lose to the very type of person they look down upon. Even if you give them a close game they will cry a little.

or maybe

The Ricer (AKA THE FILTHY JEW)
This guy probably went into this game after years of playing WOW,Possibly CS too, pretty much all he does is farm farm and oh yea farm some more. Does he aid allies in trouble no, does he help them when they ask how to make something no, does he help gank the enemy who is killing elements no, all he does is farm and bitch about his team being full of noobs. You go near anything he is farming he will kill you including elements (seriously wtf!!!) Also a very selfish bitch he will save his nuke so he can get the kill no matter what. His goal is to hopefully get his allies to leave so the game of 3v3 or 4v4 turns into a 4v1 with him being the one. Also complaints of Kses run rampant in this guys verbal repetoir. By the way killing him out of duels is considered dirty and illegal play.

Strategy tips to beating said ricer? Simple gank him and his allies, Ricers rarely pay attention to the enemy, if he manages to be ahead of you or is better keep feeding off his allies generally you can roll up enough kills to end the game on his allies alone.
Back to top Go down
kidsarestupid
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:37 am

plz, if u know that i do not know how to build a char right w/ watery defender ------tell me how i might.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:46 am

Seriously, you are a little too passionate about this game. I'm gonna have to ask you to take it down a notch; this is only a game.

You cant come on here whining about random things, and not expect for someone who knows more about the game than you to inform you on the situation. That is the reason these forums exist. I assume that is the reason you came to the forums, was to voice some sort of opinion so as that others might give criticism or support of it? Generally to be better informed? Yes? Maybe? alright.

ANWAYS, yes, I would suggest higher mana, to support a high mana spell. They are intentionally a high mana spell. Why? Ranged agility, off leveling these guys, could spam 100% agility and the rest of their build be full passive/end game, and they would out level someone with two farming skills... If they could handle the summoning cost of these minions.

****edit****
Please use the edit button, rather than double posting.

Also, between this, and the post under your build thread, you should be able to come up with a build.
Back to top Go down
kidsarestupid
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:00 am

it is not the executives function to vilify people new to the forums.

"They are in every game. These people look down on anyone slightly worse then them at Custom Hero Arena. They'll gaze at newbies with undisguised contempt and horde their knowledge from others like it's all they have."

i can expect to be called every curse word uttered under our sun from a normal person, but not from an administrator.

also, ur extreme reactivity and sensitivity implies insecurity.
just sayin.......

no truly great empire fears the slander and jeering of the masses.

this insecurity ur feeling may be a result of some major scar, wound, or deep fear due to profound personal realization that contradicts ur ideal view of self.

the worst thing about this is it will probably never be realized or even probed due to your defence mechanisms that will tell you to shrug this post of as deluded ravings.

because how could someone know something about you after such a brief interaction right??

but even if u dismiss me, dont dismiss my ideas.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:15 am

Pres tell, how do I horde my knowledge? I created an entire forum dedicated to giving people information.

I am yet to insult you.

I have said "you take offense" "you are too passionate about a game" and I made a comparison to a real life example of what you did here. Those are not intended as insults.

Also, I am a psyche major, and what you did there, works on highschool girls, but ultimately, is just how people on the internet pretend to insult each other these days. So, again, please refrain from personal attacks, and stick to the topic at hand.

"Your willingness to try to psychologically break someone down, using generalizations and over-assumptions, while being quite wrong; shows that you care too much what others think about you, and will say or do anything to be proven right; even if you have no support of said assumptions. " <<c wut i did thur?

Soooo, uhhh, how bout we get back on topic here? I don't let other people argue on here, I must enforce the rules for all of us. Cuz, yeh know, rules is rules.

***I just looked up the exact CD/DUR ratio... the skill lasts for 40 seconds. That is, the longest lasting skill in the game. The cooldown is 30.2-.2 per level. So, 27.8 at level 12.***
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:36 am

i think it would be better if instead of watery defenders they were called firey defenders because, well you know, fire is just scarier than water.

ps this was a fantastic read to start off my day
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:43 am

Lol verti. Only reason I haven't deleted it, is for the entertainment value for the masses; whichever side they may be on.

Hmm, firey defenders... Fire would make people think of harm though; these guys aren't intended to hurt people. We need something scary, but not offensive...

A scarecrow?!

CARROT-TOP!

hmm, actual usable things in the game.... Turtles? the big, spikey shelled turtles? Do they strike fear into your heart? I could make them broken images. That is, they will be purple and black checkered squares. It will make people think, "WHOLLY SHITTTT! I BROKE THE GAME!" which can be scary for some people. When it is cast, everyone's screen is spammed with "All your base are belong to us"

^^I think we are onto something here.
Back to top Go down
kidsarestupid
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:43 am

Let me guess, you got them on a random, and need a reason to complain about a loss?
- "using generalizations and over-assumptions."

whining
- negative wording. ur a psych major, u know that these should be avoided unless trying to illicit a negative response or transmit a negative oppinion

Yes? Maybe? alright.
- answering ur own rhetorical questions = downward social comparison = overbearing arrogance + over-inflated ego

btw. attentive awareness to other peoples consciousness or thoughts is the hallmark of any great psychologist. you should not treat it negatively.

but u have one thing wrong. i dont us psychology to break people down. i use it to illicit a reaction. a reaction that may be useful to incite later. tor maybe a reaction that is amusing.

think of it this way. your the DV and im the IV. lets see what reaction happens when i vary just a tad to the masochistic side

your a psych major, your obviously familiar with the way people think.

then you also know how easy it is to manipulate someone without "officially" doing anything wrong.

u sound like a person very familiar with looking down on someone, you should try looking up sometime. or maybe -----gasp------- you might look inward
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:03 pm

alright, too many off topic posts from you. You could at the very least, add something, somewhere about the topic; but you haven't for multiple posts now. So, topic is locked (so we can all still read and enjoy it)

I wont deny being arrogant though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: plz make watery defenders last long   plz make watery defenders last long Empty

Back to top Go down

plz make watery defenders last long
Page 1 of 1