Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
New Item Suggestion - Page 2 I_vote_lcapNew Item Suggestion - Page 2 I_voting_barNew Item Suggestion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
New Item Suggestion - Page 2 I_vote_lcapNew Item Suggestion - Page 2 I_voting_barNew Item Suggestion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

New Item Suggestion

Go down 
+25
Sharky
Wrathtoruin
i_4got_my_user
KJC
wwecom
Pissonmyhands
KOnYiu
Bob
John
Malignant.Puppy
bloodrill
Niggonometry
sami_gurl
imsofattest
baneofdeath
didnotmeanto
iBristleBack
carefulibite
yiff_fox
Mwahahahahahahahahahaha
dpb_94
dm_knight
MarkJr
verti89
Glorn2
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

New Item Suggestion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:42 am

hmm, the suggestions arent bad, but.. would people use them? They all have skills on them.. adding skills the items is annoying, some of the skills on the items (such as flamestrike) should not be on items...

Also, take into account that the new items you are proposing, are only worth about 350 gold (glyph of power is 550, and gives 4 to all) The new starting gold is 2200... So really, we could skip those initial rank items and just sell them at rank 2, as starter items.

as for the rest of your item suggestions:
I wish I could make the boots, but whenever I add a negative move speed value to something, it doesnt work ><
Command aura affects base damage, not item included... on an early item, it would add maybe 5 damage...
3 devotion aura? scale mail is 500G and gives 5, without the use of an aura. this item would again, be around 300G. Good for the current gold system, but remember, I am buffing it up to 2200 starting gold, so 300 isnt as usable as it once was.

you item chains seem to add up nicely, but again.. the spell casting.. if half the items in the game have purge... what is the point of a light orb? what is the point of getting duration spells? If half the items can drop a flamestrike, why have the skill? With frenzy on an item, who would ever get unholy frenzy, or frenzy, or endurance aura? By adding skills to items, you more-or-less take them out of the game... I wanna steer clear of that.

Maybe trade out skills for better stats...

Also, we need a price range here, in order to be able to compare them with items of equal value... I believe setting prices will help you balance the items better also...
Costs should include all items used in the recipe, AND the price of the recipe (no auto combines)

Thanks for your effort and work though, and sorry for being so demanding; but you've got a good start!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 3:02 am

hm... good points...
ok ill only keep spell casting on the occasional int item and skip it for the rest.
as for the costs, im gonna figure those out after i get my main computer back so i can take advantage of 2 monitors by having samis item topic up while thinking up my own items so i have something to compare.
well you DID ask for items like glittering tiara and such but w/e ill remove those lower cloaks and upgrade them a lil bit to be more like tometic type items.
the war drums are not meant to be good, just a part of gilded set, as with the ring of protection. i can try to be more creative for them if you want but think about it, is anyone going to buy those 2 items without getting the gilded set anyway?
and DAM about the iron boots i love things that sacrifice movespeed for stats and vice versa.

well i went ahead and changed the values on most of the items and i buffed up the starting cloaks and therefor the sets as well.
the glyphs are unremovable as they all have 2 different paths that stem off from them. im thinking of combining the greater glyphs with the sets and then those items together to finish up the item path, sound good?
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:27 am

Really as early game items go I draw blanks myself. Maybe these but I doubt anyone would look into them.

Boots of speed + Infused Cloak= Infused Boots +65 Move Speed and +25 Agility

Boots of speed + Glittering Tiara= Shiny Boots or Glitter Boots +65 Move Speed and +25 intelligence

Boots of speed + Power Gauntlets= Power Boots +65 Move Speed and +25 Strength
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:54 am

we should make the new items all types of sex toys. ult item would be "the female orgasm" seeing how it is rare=p

but seriously. i think that the items are just.. boring. We should try to get more creative with it instead of just elemental cloaks and

Maybe have something kinda like the tokens?

like a whole line of "Warlock" or "Sorcerer" items for int

"Tracker" or "Ranger" items for agi

"brawler" or "commander" items for strength

examples would be like..
tier 1 int item - Warlocks hat or Sorcerers robe.
tier 1 agi item - Trackers Boots or Rangers cloak
Tier 1 str item - Brawler Gauntlets or Commander's Helm

the next tier would be something else prevalent to the theme we go with, and would work up to some kind of ultimate item for the class. Like "sorcerers stone"(Harry Potter ftw) or if we suck at thinking... Brawler's Set

I do like the Hide idea, maybe for the "tracker"???
we can have his tier items be the hides of more and more powerful creatures as we move up =]

I just think it would be more interesting that way than just you get a flame cloak, ice cloak, and lightning cloak and combine into THE ELEMENTAL CLOAK! =p
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:28 pm

well as for the names, i can really understand wanting to change the cloaks, that was not creative at all lol i was just thinkin off the top of my head for names.
however i did have the intention of combining them with a glyph named after a hero to get items based off the campaign units and heros like arthas, kel thuzad, grom, thrall, etc.
if you can help me think up some names for each of the cloak items ill be glad to change them though
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:40 am

IMSO's avatar is entirely too big... there is like 4 posts a page with that lol.
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:26 am

hmm.. i dont see why not... but if the entire path is based on a "class" like Tracker or Brawler, then the glyph named after a hero, the said hero would have to have something to do with the class.

Ive never played the single player, cuz im not a damn nerd =p (lying about the nerd part clearly)

also, it is too big, but kinda nice too =D
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Well, before we get into the amount of time it would take to change the names on 300 items, plus all the recipes involved name changes... Tell me this.. if I changed the names... would it be interesting for more than 2 days? really? Because people would call `infused cloak` `badgers cloak` would the game be that much more exciting? I mean if I went full prefix/suffix on it like, `Masters Vibrating Dildo of the Cock Ring` it would be funny for a couple weeks.. but even then, it would wear off.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:24 pm

yea the value of it is probably not worth the amount of time it would take
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:27 pm

No, im not saying change all the items.

i was talkin bout the new path only. as the cloaks idea fatest had was a bit boring imho
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:33 pm

ohh, i see. Yeah, using heroes names is kinda.. silly.. i did it with ring of the speeddemon, and prolly shouldnt have.. it makes it seem like you NEED that type of hero to use it.

ALSO, with these new items, lets try to make them general items, that could be used by any class... or at least, a bunch that could be usable by any class. We already have a set for AGI, INT, and STR that go from level 1-40. Putting crit, damage, and evasion on every agility peice is pretty... bland... Once you have evasion, some nice damage and crit.. you need... maybe mana? life? same goes for strenth.. having 6000 HP and 400 damage at the second duel is fun... but your `Average attack speed` and `4 armor` isnt impressive.

So, anyone who wants to invent an item line along those bounds, i could use it also. Items intended for a class, that give it the stats that class wouldnt normally get. even if it is just 1 item for every item level per class, it would be enough.. wouldnt need to be a huge arsenal; just something that allows the players to take a different item path.
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:00 pm

but the items would become useless after a certain point. like the shroud of the thief god. even if that point takes a LONG time to get to.

we need an immortal item that uses it i think. like masterful shielding and scepter of holy protector have.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:12 pm

...maybe it is used in the eternal immortality set? ...who knows... the evasion upgrades to 100%...

Hmm, maybe we should add it to something though... it is damn strong! have you ever seen someone use it? they have no HP, but dear god the damage! Maybe I should make it into a better int item that the MS-only shoulders... It will give `Immortals Heal` have 35% evasion, a shit-ton of stats.. and.. uhhh.... Mana regen! 600% non-aura.
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:18 pm

noone really uses it, because it becomes useless.. so nope, cant say i have seen it =p

hmm. and crit 97% for 50000X damage!!! =D name that the sami crit for me Wink
Back to top Go down
Niggonometry
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Niggonometry

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:30 pm

probably one of the best players i see play uses Shroud of the Thief God and that is accursed. I used to just get Scepter and then start going for immortal's but I think it is way better to fill out your inventory with quality items and then go get immortal's shield or whatever while only using up your panth armor and not your entire inventory.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:40 pm

glorn- if you havent noticed, all the items i have created so far turn into sets that give equal ammount of stats. if you want me to continue that with just minor things that are leaned towards a class but oculd be used on any (like mana regen and attack speed)

sami+glorn- if you think that using hero names is a bad idea then im gonna need some more suggestions for names cuz im retarded when it comes to creativity Razz

niggo, sami, glorn- shroud of thief god on agi or int= gg. you farm so fast its not even funny.
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:33 pm

lol, it isnt necessarily a retarded idea, i just dont think it fits in cha really.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:23 pm

sorry i havent been on this, been trying to keep my skill up at the same time as this, ill get back to it this weekend
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:21 pm

Alright, so I came up with my own new item sets... After reading other suggestions, and reading my own suggestions, I came up with some very basic new item sets that although very basic... the game has nothing like yet...

rank 1: total cost to make 2200 (from basic blacksmith items)
Basic Assasins Garb
Basic Avengers Mail
Basic Mystics Cloak
Basic Gladiators Gear

Stats: 10 all stats, 10 main stats (agi, str, int), 6 armor. Glad gear gives to all stats, a higher number than the rest, but has no main stats. It is 14 to all, 6 armor.

rank 2: total cost 7500 (combines rank 1 with a token and 2000G)
Assains Garb, avengers mail, ect.

stats: 30 all, 35 main, 16 armor. 45 all on glads.

rank 3: total cost 15000, (combines with a peice of panths gear and gold)
advanced yadd yadda item

stats: 60 all 70 main 30 armor, 100 all on glads.

After that, i am not sure what I plan to combine them with to upgrade them again... Maybe the eternal set items from power shop plus 7,000G, and i will make that the final level of the item, having a value around 27k. that would be on par with the other end game items... ori could combine it with the other 27k items, and put the new ones on par with black knights mail... not sure how far i wanna take it.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:37 pm

Well if you ever consider on using them in Immortals items the underused or not used are as follows.

Omega Axe
Eternal Set
That item that gives +300 to all stats I forget its name
Shroud of the theif god.

On current items is there a way to upgrade Orbs without the bosses? Its another reason I dont like glads and really most kind of camp the elements. Im thinking maybe you should allow the greater orbs to combine with eternal orb too to make execeptional orb. Give a solution to glads and camping fair trade also saves time for the lazy who are making those uber swords or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:46 pm

i agree with your item list except for omega axe. Really good players use it, if you wanna number crunch some damage, it is realllllly good! especially since everyones favorite axe now is the doombringer, which uses that.

also, in glad mode, there is a shop that you can buy exceptional orbs at. I may have to change the graphic to a massive glowing box that says `exceptional orbs sold here`on it.. because no one ever sees it!

Glad mode also gives you 2X the gold now.... because well... having to wait 15 rounds to get immortals shield is boring as hell!

I am thinking of a couple more immortals items to use the unused items in the game... but i think immortals items are stupid, honestly. I dont let games get past level 30. People say that games take too long, and i dont want to add more shit to the end to make it farther away. I am also not going to delete tens of hours of work, to make half the CHA community happy with shorter games... Though this is off topic, I am attempting to think of a faster mode of gameplay.... *ponders to self*
Back to top Go down
Niggonometry
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Niggonometry

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 4:47 pm

Well, the two easiest ways to speed up the game would be to create a mode where you reduce the kill count to 5 per player or lower the time in between duels. Lowering the time between duels would change the game quite a bit, but lowering the kill count would be an easy way to speed up large games like 4v4 where you would only need 20 kills rather than 40 which always becomes more daunting with leavers.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:18 pm

yeah, i have bene trying to figure out the kill count thing. sadly, I cant mess with things like, changing the number of players in a duel, or time between duels as an option. I could change it as a constant though...

I plan for this to be my last edit of this set-up... I am remaking a completely new map, using the same heroes, skills, and items. This way I can change a LOT of the options that i cant right now, due to the 1 way coding that slayer and lab have done.

If i were to make an option to change the kill count.. say, an option you could pick many times, every time you picked it, lowered the kill count by 5, and another one, to raise it by 5.. would that make everyone happy? I know how to raise the kill count, lowering it could be tricky, but I believe i know how to... It is a lame way to fix it though Sad
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:07 am

Me and Verti Came up with badass names for the new items instead of the lame Basic, Normal, Advanced names that are there now....

Strength - Arnold's Aviators, Samus' Plasma Beam, HULK SMASH!

Agility - Bourne's Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum

Intelligence - Harry's Hood, Merlin's Staff , Gandalf's Amazin' Blazin' Tunic of Doom

Even stats - Leonidous' Shield, William Wallace's Mask, Maximus' Helmet

Combine all of the last tier items into "Aslans Mane" which causes a RAWR! everytime someone who has the mane kills someone. =D
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 5:41 pm

William Wallace was he that guy in the Mel Gibson movie where theyre all wearing dresses and talking funny?

What do the items your talking about do? Why on earth would I want to conbine an item that does nothing but make a cheesy noise when I kill somebody. In other words what are the stats on these?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Item Suggestion   New Item Suggestion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Item Suggestion
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next