Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
cha 3d final - Page 2 I_vote_lcapcha 3d final - Page 2 I_voting_barcha 3d final - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
cha 3d final - Page 2 I_vote_lcapcha 3d final - Page 2 I_voting_barcha 3d final - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

cha 3d final

Go down 
+3
Wrathtoruin
Glorn2
carefulibite
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

cha 3d final - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:46 am

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/custom-hero-arena-3d-final-181986/

There is 1.7 It was done 2 days after 1.6. I cannot recall all of what I was doing with it; but there is a list of bugs I attempted to fix with it. A backup to the "no hero" random bug. fixed the premades which were broken. IDK.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:28 am

Oh wow lol I never even looked there feel kind of dumb now ^_^.

Alright tested this one out a little going to different colors and such red,purple and gray. Needless to say it appears the no hero bug appears to be fix. They now get a hero if they take too long to decide however their hero will have no ultimate. Default String Ultimate.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:05 pm

woot; many problems fixed at least. Strange that they would get the hero but not the ulti. Better than nothing. I will take a look; with the "remove hero" bug fixed; i should be able to just re-roll all of their skills a second time after they are randomed; and it will fix that. Still strange though, since the trigger is literally, "Set offensive=any offensive" "set defensive=any defensive" "set ... ect" for everything, including ultimate; in order. .. stupid stupidness...
Back to top Go down
carlitogore
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptySat May 10, 2014 9:30 pm

niceee
Back to top Go down
carlitogore
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 4:51 am

Man, a strong suggestion.
PLEASE get rid of the XP sharing or lets have it as mode option.

XP sharing is good, on Pro games, but since no Pro ever plays anymore, this really doesn't make sense at all.

Is all Pub games, pub players, and the remotely decent ones are always getting Fu***ed by those who dont know how to play, just because of the silly XP sharing.

Is simply not working. I think it will work more, if Pro player helps his team, if he wants, but at least a good player can keep his own pace.

A simple Example:

I was in a game , 6v6 .. 2 from the other team left... and just for no reason, nobody wanted to switch and, it ended up 6v4, so ofc, Xp Sharing messed the game up all the way until the very end.

I play quite often, and this type of situations happen ALLL THE TIME, is becoming ridiculous and even sad. Even if i'm on the winner team, it just makes no sense, when you are level 19 and the other teams are lv 8. I've been on both sides of the action.
Totally biased if you are lucky to be in a fairly decent team. When you depend on XP from others.

So the game is just becoming a matter of Luck. Which is totally sad.

I'll say, We should have a PUB version , With NO XP SHARING. or add it as an OPTION when you pick the modes, that's a great idea!!! Please. I Think this is very important.

Glorn, This is a really really strong suggestion, what do you think on this subject man.

After playing countless hours on this new map, and simply feeling frustrated on the matter of luck.
Doesn't matter if you win or lose, same feeling on both sides of the coin.

Or we must think of a way to not let this happen. ... for example. a Dummy player, which remains if someone leaves the game, to keep it even all the time. or certain percentage of XP share, I'm just brainstorming,

Another idea I just had, what if on No xp sharing mode, we have like a level cap, for example.. you cannot level higher than 3 or 5 levels beyond the lowest level player.

Maybe I'm just rambling now, because I have no idea how difficult it is to script that stuff, I dunno! but something should be done. Smile

alll the best wishes by the way.! hope to see you playing again someday.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:58 pm

A long time ago I probably would of agreed with you.  Here's the thing with no shared exp gankers would simply get a quick level lead and proceed to camp.  Either until every one rage quits or until they rolled up enough kills to win either way. Honestly less builds and less heroes were viable.  Today share exp allows teams to get away with less farm builds and still have their degree of usefulness. Honestly shared exp allows newbies a chance to learn the game and still have the feel they contributed something to the effort.  

Another thing you're forgetting is a stomp is a stomp is a stomp.  You really think if you didn't have pubbers holding your levels down you would beat 3 equally as farmed opponents?

Imagine this:  You farmed 5 spawns,  Your ally is no item retard, your other is buying completely irrelevant items...
Your Opponents consists.  1 who farmed 4 spawns, 1 who farmed 5, and 1 who farmed 6.
A barrage of aoe from each kills ally 1 and ally 2 with ease and you're now facing down 3 opponents.  Do you honestly think you're going to win that?

Alright say you were lucky and didn't have those retards following you around and you're on equal par with at least 2 of your opponents on levels.  Take a wild guess what is flowing in the minds of the retards if they haven't raged quit.   Have you guessed it?   "I need levels hurr durr"  Since they're unable to farm on their own they will proceed to follow you around trying to ks yours.  Eventually you will wind up as worthless as they are either way.  Then they will rage quit when the damage has been done and you can't salvage the game at all.

Truth is share exp or no share exp retards will still ruin the game either way.

Edit: Also another reason against no shared exp is players are less likely to except switches. Something about being level 11 and switching to a level 18's team to go up against a level 26 just seems unappealing to players I suppose ^_^.

Last edited by carefulibite on Thu May 15, 2014 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 5:56 pm

I prefer it when random explains it; because he has played CHA more than anyone else.

When I was rising to power, I loved destroying an entire team; outleveling my own team by 8 levels at the second duel; ect. It slowly turned into "Man, I wish I could enjoy a game of CHA!" Where is the fun in destroying you team and the other team? Shared EXP may often cause you to lose because your allies are stupid. You may also win many games because your opponents are retarded. Shared exp takes the average IQ of your team, and puts it against the average IQ of the other team. I have often said, and meant wholeheartedly, "I would rather have a rock on my team than this guy!" because a rock; consistently doing nothing, combined with my amazing skills of winning, would be better than what some pubs do.

In the end though; CHA is much more enjoyable when the teams are more balanced. If you lose because an ally is shadow dancing; well, you know why you lost. Blame the idiot!

Personally, I love going a full support build in public games. Why? well... Most public players are terrible. Run around healing them though, and you will be a group of level 2's who dont die easily! Then you realize that someone on the other team has a farming skill; and no one on your team has items, and you cry a little... But who cares, FUN!

Also, to answer your question/request: Shared EXP is a game setting, it cannot be enabled or disabled with triggers or any other manner during gameplay.

I also think the opposite of what you do about shared exp in "pro" games, vs "pub" games. It helps a lot in pub games, and hurts a lot more in "pro" games. In classic "pro" games, you would always have a mega farmer who carried early game. Now, if everyone on your team has just 1 farmer; you can keep up with a team that has a mega farmer. Compare the usage of the siren before the exp change, and after; even back when int was much weaker late game than it is now!
Back to top Go down
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 5:50 pm

We should organize a few 3v3s between those of us who still play from time to time. I'm on all day and most of saturday.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 5:52 pm

College is outttt! how was your semester? you bout done with that college BS?
Back to top Go down
carlitogore
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:27 am

You guys are Right!

and I this resumes it all

"Truth is share exp or no share exp retards will still ruin the game either way."

Well said.

Alrightttt , lets keep going with shared XP... this discussion opens the door to try to come up with full support strategies in-game.

LONG LIVE CHA! haha

Cheers brothers

Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 2:27 am

Keeping them alive?
Depends on what is killing them...
Most cases its spells and really poor positioning and or head up their ass syndrome.

Disables, AOE when against summons, A-M-S when against spell combos, Invisibility or Hibernate when your allies are being dived, and of course heals. Also first duel power set helps out a lot if you can manage it.

Back to top Go down
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 11:00 am

Hey Glorn, Yeah I'm graduating this Sunday.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 6:24 am

Hey glorn I'm seeing permanent invulnerability bugs in the newest edit. So far I've only came across this bug twice usually on premade heroes and with player drops prior to the start. Unfortunately can't even download the games ent gave me error message both times this has happened.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 4:51 pm

Hello just wanted to make a checklist sort of an update on the bugs in the current edit cha 3d 1.7 and what works from the prior edit.

So far all of the pre-made heroes work as intended.
We still have force randoms with default string ultimates.
Plant the bomb mode still doesn't work (item in inventory)
Gladiator mode has some glitches which grant immortality (double check the edges)
Other then that all other game modes work as they're intended to.
Sometimes when you random you get more then 1 innate skill. (They usually stay at level 1)
Taunt doesn't cause players to lose control of their heroes at all.
Tool Tip error on Atmas Curse where it states it deals 0 damage.
(Also it seems much weaker then its char2 final 2 counter part. Almost like it stuns less and deals less damage in general)
Secret orb and Lightning Shield actives glitch and require you to drop them to regain the effect.

General imbalances? Probably Weak C. I mean you can control them with AMS potions but they only go so far. Eventually when they get their fire shields + staffs + their magic damage passives + their spells and well your 2 charge 4000 damage AMS is simply no match.

(maybe allow for unlimited amount of stacks for one inventory spot on the 4000 damage AMS potions) In general they can still pop these pretty fast however if you have enough money to stack these it may allow for you to beat them. It's very rare to see Weak C win against AMS skill and their damage cap isn't much higher then the most expensive AMS potion. So the counter (multiple stacks) costs a crap ton of gold and 1 inventory slot. Seems fair.

Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 1:30 pm

Alright boss, I am doing some housekeeping for you.
I finally fixed the random ultimate problem! I had 2 variables with almost the same name, and was calling on the wrong one (which made it pick from the ultimates already picked by players 1-30, so if you were lucky, it copied someone elses ultimate, but chances were you got player 30's ultimate, which was nothing)

plant the bomb can no be picked; however no promises that it wont crash the game eventually.

glad mode, i added a backup "remove invuln" and made the region bigger; though it looked plenty big.

I added a new AMS item, "Scroll of AMS" it costs 12,000 gold, has 5 casts, and blocks 6000 spell damage per cast.

I found a problem with late picking and innates, not sure if that is the situation you ran into; i couldnt find a problem with -random and innates though.

Taunt, I found a "triggering unit" which should have been a "picked unit" causing a null return on a condition. lets see if this works.

Atmas tooltip has been fixed, and the actual damage is higher than the tooltip was saying (not much). The damage seems to be exactly what it is set to in the editor though. Spell damage reduction may be screwing with it though, idk.

FIXED item invulnerability. To kick it up a notch too, I altered the ability for lighting shield 1, it is now a small area dispel, dealing 2000 damage to summons and purging all units in the area.

I am looking to do some minor tweaking on unused items and skills; just a few tiny changes. Looking for suggestions from the community.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 2:06 pm

Totemic Set +700 gold cost
Speed Set +1000 gold cost
Auroric Set +1000 gold cost

Reasoning: I feel as though aura from items make skill items pretty worthless. These items are damn near required no matter what class you play. Making them more expensive will not make them any less needed, but will make them cost a bit more.

Regalia +100 mana
Warriors Token +10% ias
Warriors Set +1000 hp
Power Shield Recipe -1000

Reasoning: a completely unused line of items, with good reason i guess.

Divining Rod +4 armor
Holy Gauntlets +25 DR
scepter of the holy protector +10 regen
ring of shielding +10 DR
Panths Armor +10 IAS

Reasoning: defensive items are underrated, and have been since shields were added.

BOMBS: some minor tweaking on higher level bombs. I still dont see them being entirely too viable, just due to gameplay and all that; but they were buffed at higher levels, given more bombs for massive and fat man, and their value is higher while the recipe is lower (so you can sell the remainder without taking a hit to the wallet)
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 12:50 pm

More Updates:
Elementals made about 10% weaker, a little less life, a little less damage. Moreso on the light, corrupt, and stone bosses, so as that all 5 bosses have a closer difficulty and can be accessed a little earlier. As it is now, you can kill an elemental, then go kill an archon; I want there to be a slightly larger gap in there.

Rag bosses get more powerful as they level, the system I had created before was too static, so after 3 times through rag, his rate of difficulty did not nearly keep up with how easily he was killed. I hope this creates a better challenge for players in the future. The Reward for some of the bosses has been increased, to compare better to archon farming.

Found some bugs in the automatic "gold to everyone" trigger, and the "gold to people chilling in yiff's arena". More "triggering units" when I needed something more along the lines of "(Owner of (playerhero(integerA)))" and an action going off earlier than it should, resulting in a not-always-so-equal-free-gold-distribution.

Item abilities with spell damage (Staffs, and immortals helmet) have had their spells reworked to be more... useful. With the huge nerf to weak C via the addition of a massive AMS potion, I feel as though atmas is no longer a 1 hit wonder. Spells on staffs have had their cooldowns reduced greatly, and their mana costs reduced also. Ice staff remains unchanged, and corruption staff has only had its CD reduced a little. Fire and light have seen the greatest buffs.

Looking into it, Auroric set was still granting a 60% endurance aura (though it should have been 40) and has likely been like that since I set agility to .5% attack speed. The buff has been set properly to 40%. The brilliance aura has been reduced to 25%.

Immortals boots now only grant 80% spell damage reduction, in an attempt to allow late game spells without the use of weak C to be worth casting. The boots still offer 40 brilliance, and 60% endurance.

Scepter of the mana goddess has had its ability to drain mana increased from 1200 to 2000

Immortals shield now only grants 90% spell damage reduction, for the same reason as boots. Immortals armor still grants the full 95%.

Prismatic Shield is down to 90% also.

Staff of the death bringer and rags sword now offer 30% command auras; these are the only 30% command auras in the game. Reason being, int has 35% evasion, which is accessable by agility if needed. Strength needed a late game ringer, imo; which is also usable by agi if needed.

Scepter of the primarch has had its life drain increased to 12%. So much armor/reduction has been added to the game over the years that 10% life steal vs 300 armor=shit and piss. There is still the massive trade off of wielding this vs a weapon or item offering more than 150 max damage. (or 50 if you arent str).

Eternal sets: Mana goddess mana restore is increased to 6000, and cooldown decreased to 40 seconds, from 60. CD on eternal reduced to 40, eternal of life reduced to 30, from 60.

Demon gauntlets tooltip was incorrectly stating 2000 damage, when the damage was only 1000. damage is now 1250 and tooltip reflects it. No idea why these gloves are not used more.

Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 1:34 pm

I don't know about late innate skills but it's like every 5th or 6th random I just get multiple innate abilities ranging from 1 extra to sometimes 4 extra and usually I'm the first to pick -random. Liking a lot of these changes though maybe also look into the +all stats armor sets as they're almost never used except by like noobs or something. Also as you were mentioning Rag there's a bug where the game crashes on multiple Rag runs (around 3x or more) where if team 1 and team 2 meet in the first stage.

Edit: Not sure if I read right but on the Arena gold bug this caused them to get less gold? One of the things I was thinking of was that early game yiff was not worth the effort as the element guardians seemed to have payed the same amount of gold or sometimes more.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Archons now get stronger as they are killed
Archons now all give the same amount of gold
Archons have all been given life regen
The walls between archons has been widened. Some heroes/skills may still be able to shoot the gap

Skill Alterations:

Offensive:
Spitfire: CD down slightly
Psn Nova: Now deals a tick of damage when the poison is inflicted, rather than waiting a second to deal its first tick of damage. This initial tick can kill units.
Seed of corruption: Base mana cost reduced by 25, hopefully to allow someone other than high int casters to make use of it as an early game farmer.
firewall: hits Air
Feral Spirit: Mana cost -10 per lvl
Vamp Soul: +5% base steal
Monsoon: as it levels, the duration is shorter and the strikes are more frequent. The damage output remains the same, however at max level the duration is 3.5 seconds rather than 5. The CD also decreases faster per level to make up for this as well.
Life Drain: Cd down a little, damage at level 12+ increased by 15 per. High spell damage reduction makes a 3.2 second channel completely useless. With the new values, in 3.2 seconds you drain a total of 2500 life; with only 50% reduction thats ~1100 after hero reduction is added in.

Defensive:
Bone Wall: lowered the cost
Hardened skin: Altered the ratio to make it about 1 level stronger, with a new cap of 342 (to better compare against immortals shield granting 250)
Shadow Strike: cd reduced by about 3.

MISC:
Acid rain: Finally hits air
Immolation: Hits Air, AoE increased with level
Battle roar: initial mana cost down, and mana cost per level down. Intended for auto attackers, it required the mana of a half-caster. Also being a purgable team based spell, it needed a little love.
Blaze: AoE increased from 150 to 175, and the fire duration increasees .1 per level.
Endurance Aura: +10% Ms at first level
face the void: Cd reduced initially, and per level. still taxing on the mana pool, but may help with farming a bit if you have the mana to support it.
Frozen Orb: Damage increased at higher levels, lowered the CD a little.
Gobbies: Mana cost per level reduced greatly.

Ults:
fixed a problem with the life regen on puppet master stacking a shit-ton of times, translating to "shit ton of life regen".
Locust: Swarm count increased slightly, Cd decreased with level (Locust is/was pretty shitty from 16 on)

DONZO
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 12:33 am

Encountered a bug doing multiple Ragnarok runs. It was during stage 1 of Ragnarok the general. While being really nice and letting a really weak opponent live the Generals units respawned when he scored the killing blow causing the game to crash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

cha 3d final
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2