Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
cha 3d final EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
cha 3d final EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
cha 3d final EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
cha 3d final EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
cha 3d final EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
cha 3d final EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
cha 3d final EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
cha 3d final EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
cha 3d final EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
cha 3d final I_vote_lcapcha 3d final I_voting_barcha 3d final I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

cha 3d final

Go down 
+3
Wrathtoruin
Glorn2
carefulibite
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Hey thought I'd post this the newer edit still has the No Hero bug when they take too long to pick.

Tested it myself no hero and camera view is in the center of the map for some reason.

Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:45 pm

chiza. strange. odd. bad! I wont be able to do anything till thursday night, at earliest. If and or when you see it; could you get whoeevr it happens to to type -showskills and see what skills show as "default string" It will help me find out where to look; as it is an MPI thing; and no longer the obvious; as it was last time... so I thought! Any thoughts on the skill balances ect?
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 12:11 am

None of them are default string. You get all your skills and keep the ones you selected you just don't have a hero. Something I'm noticing though is it places your camera vision directly at the center of the map when the game starts.

Skill wise nothing seems to pop up at the moment.

Maybe mana decrease Star Fall.
Mana increase on Wrath of Hell
(Maybe these skills should switch mana costs Wrath of Hell disable capabilities are quite amazing when well aimed & timed)
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:51 am

Chain lightning could use a buff for early game farming.
Frozen shield doesn't work with frost armor.

Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Chain light will never get a buff for early game; due to the fact that it is one of the few farmers completely worth leveling to 15. By level 15 or so; (hero level) it is stronger than the other farmers. IMO the best farming choice for competent team games.

Frozen shield I will look into though. A huge problem is that there is a limited number of base skills and buffs; so things often override each other. I will see what I can find though; there should be something else in the offensive house I can stack buffs with.

For ultimate farmers; What are your thoughts on lowering the CDs on all of them by about 5 seconds X level; or even something like 2-5-10-15 and buffing damage at level 32 and 40. IMO most farmers are barely worth casting; even in pvp. especially for creeping or bossing. And chance you would want to come up with a good list of what skills can really use the most of what buffs lvl 32 and 40? (wrath of hell def. being one)

Note to self when home: Check the spawn location on units when randomed.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 3:26 pm

random patch notes:
I think i figured out the random problem! May have been a regional error, I didnt move pre-existing heroes to where they should have been; and they were being deleted with the skill shops.

SKILL ALTERATIONS:
Seed of Corrption - -15 base mana cost +25 cast range, projectile speed reduced from 1000 to 800.
Life Steal - The cast range has been reduced from 300 to 200; however the "follow limit" has been increased by 10x Level. The drain per level for level 12+ has been increased by 15.
Frost Nova - Base AoE increased by 50, single target damage increased at level 8 by 10, and at level 12 by 5. CD reduced by .1 per level.
Spitfire - mana cost down 5X level
Slow - CD reduced from 15 to 10.
Hibernate - Base duration reduced to 4.2, increases .3 per level. Life restored increased at level 7 to 100, and at level 12 to 125.
Rally Cry - Cost -5X level
Unholy Aura - Increased values; mid levels are a good deal stronger; final value a little stronger. AoE reduced from 1200 to 600.
Skelly Army - CD greatly reduced to 30-1xlevel
Mana Explosion - Mana cost ratio changed so it starts at 150 and scales to 1250; rather than being 250xLevel. Damage output boosted by .1.
Atams Curse - Damage scaled up at later levels, by about 10-30%.
Shackles - CD reduced by 10, mana cost reduced by 50X level
Puppet Master - AoE increased from 1600 to 2400.
Silent Night - CD -5xLevel
Starfall - Damage increased by 50,100,300 at levels 3,4,5. AoE increases 100xLevel
Demon Storm - Damage increased similar to above; and tornado movement speed increased as it levels. Allowed movement area increased.
Wrath of Hell - Cost increased 50xLevel
Locust Swarm - Damage scaled up past level 1, ranging from 10% to 60% increase.
Meteor Storm - Cost reduced 50xlevel, damage scaled past level 1, from 10%-45%
Doom Roots - Duration -1, mana cost +25xLevel

ITEMS:
Atams beam damage on staffs has been increased from 4000 to 6000; and on immortals mask to 9000, with a CD increase of 16, and mana cost increase of 250.
Supersonic Ring no longer grants divine shield; however it grants 40% spell damage reduction. It will be fun to see how this plays out!
Lightning shields now grant 1 second and 3 seconds of divine shield!
Sectet Orb increased from 70 to 135 damage bonus; and still grants divine shield!

WHY GLORN? WHYYYYY?!
The overall concept here is to allow for non int heroes to do a little better when trying to use int-based skills. A lot of skill had their mana cost reduced a little. Ultimate farmers have been made much stronger late game. There was a massive falling off point for them at level 32, where for pvp and creeping they became pretty much useless. For creeping; it is always going to be hard to make a 10 second channel on a 80 second CD keep up with 325 splash damage and 1500 auto attack damage at 2 attacks per second. The supersonic ring change; imo; is gonna be a huge game changer. I see it as a buff to agility; an early game spell reduction. For all classes though; it is a huge nerf to debuffing abilities; which in comparison; is a buff to abilities which can be countered by divine shield.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Sounds good will get to hosting right away.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 8:38 am

Looks like there's still a problem with the random skills and no hero bug when players get forced randoms. I don't know maybe it was caused by players leaving or something else maybe you didn't correct the problem with all the player colors?

Edit: Look into it a little further in solo play while the player color red will get their hero and skills the other colors do not.

Another Edit: Also cosmetic: Unholy Aura shows it heals for 0 HP a second it does however heal hp though so the skill works. It simply says it heals 0 HP a second Smile
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:24 pm

Alright; through some EXTENSIVE testing this time; and the inclusion of 2 fallback systems "just to be safe" we got this sum-bitch nail'd!

Fixed unholy also; had a wrong letter in the hypertext for it, was displaying the movement speed increase!

fixed supersonic tooltip and use ability.

fixed demonic gauntlets tooltip (after 4 years) and reduced the CD on its ability to.. idk, a very low number from 20.

ADDING PREMADE HEROES! Most of the builds will be builds I have approved of in the past. They will be the easiest to use builds that perform well. I myself have always been against this idea; and I know other people have as well. If a player is new to the game, and competent enough to say, "hey, I want to learn this game, but need a hero who can do well" well.. so be it. more better players will benefit everyone.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 1:27 am

Prince of light pre made button doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Also the space orc pre made button doesn't work either. Basically it will give them the hero and then place them at the offensives house of the skill selection.

Still seeing the random no hero bug when players take too long to pick. Basically only player red can take forever to pick and actually random a hero.

On pre made hero idea's (Basically builds so damn easy any moron can do well)
Agility Heroes:
Huntress (Healing Wave, Static Shock, Blood Bath, Spell Resist, Element Mastery)
Throw about a point into blood bath to start. Then main level healing wave for duels and durability in farming. Level static shock about 3 times and throw the rest of the off points into blood bath. Of course level element mastery whenever available. Stay behind the initiators in duels throw out your heal when needed. (Or you can do the exact same idea on melee replacing healing wave with storm bolt)

Big bad beetleborg (Goblin Shredder)
(Beetles, Wind Walk, Impale, 20% Bash, Star Fall)
Main level beetles. Invest about 3-4 points into wind walk as an off level. Then invest into impale as your late game stunner. Take Star Fall whenever possible. When you have the advantage separate your beetles to about 3 per spawn. When farming is hard keep them in a big group. For duels you have your wind walk and later impale & star fall to fall back on.

Start with Basic Assassins Garb and farm Stone Orb asap from there farm shielding staff and other such typical items....

Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Carlito just told me of the random issue again. I tested it with 2 people in game, neither being red; and it worked for both. Then i tested it solo about 8 times, as non red colors; worked every time. really quite flustered by the concept. I am just gonna rebuild it from scratch and see if I can do it better I guess.

I fixed the premade pick thing; forgot to add conditions for the new heroes as I made them.

Will be adding a few more premades today (got outta work early due to -20 degrees, so drove all the way home!)
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:44 pm

Tried out the newest edit the pre mades we tried seem to be working. One thing though on the dotkiller paladin you gave him the older active weak c. You know the one that does -100% spell resistance for like 6 seconds. I guess you can sort of say it is balanced on him as he has the wrong type of build for it to be super op Smile
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:34 am

Okay a few more bugs...

Lightning Shields divine shield doesn't cool down unless you drop it first.

For some strange reason green's peon didn't allow for multiple weapons when I was trying to make Light Sabre. In fact I was forced to buy a second peon just to be able to make said weapon.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 3:03 pm

fixed the peon thing; i had a wrong parameter call. It was intended that peons could not hold multiple weapons anymore. the problem with the trigger was that it thought about the last item created; not the item being picked up. So, if you bought a sword, then a glyph, you would be able to pick up the sword if you had one already.

the cooldown dealie; try to count it out yourself; wait like a min and see if you can cast it again without unequipping it. Looking at the item abilities, they are all matching how ringwalk works. This may help me isolate the problem. I am using the same skill that was on the supersonic ring; and it isnt working. I am not sure why.
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 2:44 am

Arthus prebuild defensive is an ulti
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:56 am

sweeeet!
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:55 pm

Ran into default string ultimate. Here's the thing I hosted a game and then forgot I done so. I left and came back later and said "oh crap I'm in a game oops". So since everyone left before leaving I decided to type the -showskills command to see what I had

Forced Random Since I wasn't there.
At level 10 with Sub Zero Hero I had
OP Aura
Hex
Summon Skeletons
Supposedly Life Reneration but it wasn't showing the ring icon
Default String Ultimate
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Alright; that helps a lot. you had a hero after being randomed; but no ultimate, and no innate skill (most likely). that may help me solve the no hero portion of it also.
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 2:28 am

Couple of glitches:

Light shield 1 and 2 have to drop item after cd in order for either spell block or divine shield to work again.

Innate hp drops manuals in base if hero that had skill leaves each time there would be a level gain on innate skill.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 1:28 pm

Light shield has been fixed, in the edit I forgot to release before coming to hawaii (6am here) Along with the arthus deal, and a few others. I have seen the tome dropped as well; however, it is not related to players leaving; unless you can get a very specific set of replays to confirm that. It has more to do with a hero leveling up when they respawn, from my personal experience.

When a player leaves, everything about them is removed from the game... unless they leave during load. I can look at it again; but even if that were the case; it would spawn at the center of the map; not in the players base, like it does. I can explain it; though i cannot easily fix it. I think it may actually have something to do with a unit being paused during duel; and leveling up from the duel EXP gained.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:48 am

Here's an interesting one I came across today. I random a hero with 2 innate skills 10% harden skin block & 10% critical strike. Officially my hero was Queen of Pain with dragon punch, harden skin, unholy frenzy, harden skin, holy armor. Through out the game I had 2 innate abilities.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptySat May 03, 2014 8:17 am

That is pretty cool. On the list of cool things and all. Any other bugs still existing? I did pass out the edit from before my hawaii adventure, yeah, with fixed arthas?

Been busy IRL, customizing my lawn, being a hero at work, and facing my wife in the arena!

...Ohh, if any of that were true beyond yard work...
Back to top Go down
burntbread
Average Player
Average Player
burntbread

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:13 am

I've always thought of yard work as an extension of kitchen work—as far as yelling was concerned—not to mention roofing or in fact any "homework". Is it any wonder you put so much effort into our beloved cyber arena? No. This is nothing to be ashamed of. The great push forward requires many means. Really, I think the most impressive thing is you have a lawn.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:07 pm

Actually the one that's out right now is cha 3d v1.6. This is the bugged one where arthas has two ultimate. The wolf button on the pre made shop doesn't work. The pre made dot killer has the active weak constitution instead of the passive one. If players take too long they still get no heroes. If red takes too long he randoms a build with no ultimate (default string). Not to mention the bug where you sometimes pick a hero and it completely disappears (that ones been around since forever easy fix for players type -repick). I have also heard from pubs that this bug also sometimes happens when they press the premade hero button. "I press the premade button and my hero disappeared" type -repick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cha 3d final Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d final   cha 3d final Empty

Back to top Go down

cha 3d final
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next