Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 I_vote_lcapCHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 I_voting_barCHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 I_vote_lcapCHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 I_voting_barCHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

CHAR-Line Wars

Go down 
+12
Mr.Blonde
verti89
carefulibite
Shankz
Dragonslayer995
epicpowda11
HLWG
Ignaciorocks
i_4got_my_user
Pissonmyhands
Sharky
Glorn2
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 2:06 pm

well think about it like this its not gonna be a 1v1 game, its gonna be a large game like most custom line wars 4v4 minimum... which will make hitting 40 much harder esp since that game had wicked nasty creeps and you are already gonna turn the amount of creeps down
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 2:31 pm

well, I want the level rate to be much slower; as it is, it is nearly impossible for players to send level 40 units before players can reasonably kill them. In our game, when did most of the leaks happen? In the first 10 minutes of the game. After that, we outleveled the creeps sent, and it was just free gold for us, on both sides. With the limiting of creeps sent, people will send stronger creeps!

In how many CHAR games do you hit 40? 40 is not some sort of requirement. We want people to be able to lose this game. In fact, I want everyone to lose this game, in a reasonably timely manner. Too much EXP and too much gold, make it so people cannot lose this game. By spreading shit out across a team, no single person can run out and solo the map and never ever die.

Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:57 pm

those changes seem like things that are very reliant on a meta game. i think if u dont limit the creep number somehow theres always the possibility that the game will come down to how good someones computer is. btw i watched the replay i couldnt finish it. the replay managed to lag me out of wcIII :p
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:24 pm

well, I edited all afternoon, and what I got:

scoreboard shows how many summon are on each side of the map, and how many summons youve sent.

Cap on 150 summons per side

Lowered summon recharge rate/how many can be spammed

Lowered gold gained from income

balanced income for imbalanced games.

NEED TO DO
Upgrade creeps with auras
pause auto summons during duel
stop income during duels
Level 5 summoning shop
Back to top Go down
clearymike
Unranked
Unranked
clearymike

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:39 pm

so how do we download this game Glorn?
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:22 pm

closed beta at the moment Very Happy you can ask glorn to play if you see him in channel though
Back to top Go down
tylerman86
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:07 am

So is their any updates to this game yet. Is it in open beta yet
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:31 am

not quite. I plan to get it out before the tourny starts on the 17th. I was making some finishing touches this morning and got a fatal error with my kick system; remade it 3 times, same problem. Gotta get that fixed; and test another few things that were giving me troubles. However, for the most part; the game is working and I should have a working public version before the 17th.
Back to top Go down
tylerman86
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 2:14 am

okay sweet thank you
Back to top Go down
FeniXx
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
FeniXx

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 9:21 pm

so i wanna try char-lw ..

^^

someone can host map for me?

or better ; play with me? Smile
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:57 pm

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/custom-hero-arena-line-wars-182566/#post1754856

You can download this at that site. Hopefully we can convince tuus to throw it on his lovely bot.

I forgot I was working on this, and it has been updated for a while...

Lets see what the pubbies think of it...
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:02 am

I do have to agree with Sharkey's post in the Wrathbot thread.Having a shop just for creep upgrades would be cool.Give them Hp ,attack and armor bonus, etc
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:31 pm

hmmm.... you think it would be better to not have a difficulty then? I could make a base level of creeps, it would prolly be the current "Normal" difficulty. to have easy-insane difficulties would make it a little silly to allow you to buy upgrades. By that, I mean that trying to make various increments for all levels of creeps would be pretty difficult.

Assuming we just use a base of "normal difficulty" and set the HP of creeps with difficulty levels, what ideas do we have for ways to make this work?

We can do damage, attack speed, move speed, spell damage reduction, armor, HP regen.

there are other things I could do also, if you guys wanna think them up. Really, any passive in the game, I can add to the units as they are spawned. I could also add abilities, but that would be rough; giving all creeps a single skill. Kinda boring and broken. auras of course, would be the easiest to do; and passive abilities second easiest. I can do "chance" to add skills also. Like, a 10% chance that a creep will spawn with spell immunity. 1% chance that a creep can be granted a chain heal, healing X life. Stuff like that. I would like a max of 12 things though, so I can fit it all in 1 shop. If we get a really good list of things though, I could make a second shop.

Also, what should these upgrades cost? gold? that is my thoughts, anyone is free to argue. Aslo, I think there should be no income from spending money on these upgrades.

Offer some ideas, I will see what I can do with them.

Next Question:
Creep spawns?
Should I keep it how it is, randomly spawns a unit of that level from CHA, or should I remake the entire thing, so every level is a specific creep? Or just limit it, make maybe 2-3 different creeps; and every time you upgrade the shrine. this would allow me to limit the max number of units in the game. this would also be a good deal of work; and if it is an "ehh, either way doesnt matter" type deal, then I simply wont do it. Personally, I think this way is a bit more unique than the standard method of summons; but have gotten complaints about it.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:17 am

I kind of like the random system we have now. I think the hardest point of cha line wars is the beginning point of the game. This is the point where the players are very limited to how they can handle the creeps. Have any of ever played custom hero survival? At the very beginning stage of the game you are equipped with ankh of reincarnation, a potion of lesser healing with 4 charges, and a lesser mana potion with 4 charges. Giving players something along those lines can help them survive what is right now the leakiest stage of the game. If all goes well they should use up most of the potions and even the ankh of reincarnation before the first duel. Mean while this can buy players ample time to acquire items they need. Also before I forget your lumber values with Super and Short start is really low.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:06 pm

I agree the hardest part is getting started.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:47 am

That is one of the reasons I gave so many lives though. I guess starting everyone with a stack of potions would be nice though.

Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:03 am

I completely forgot you made this, lets play it real soon.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Well I will go ahead and post a how to post on changing the bot map back and forth for priv games and auto hosting I'm also going to be handing out bot admins to all active clan members.Shamans will be root admins.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:09 pm

I would go grunt and higher. We have had really bad experience with going it out to all active before.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 12:05 am

Well as we discussed all clan members have admins some just more limited than others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CHAR-Line Wars
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3