Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 I_vote_lcapCHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 I_voting_barCHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 I_vote_lcapCHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 I_voting_barCHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

CHAR-Line Wars

Go down 
+12
Mr.Blonde
verti89
carefulibite
Shankz
Dragonslayer995
epicpowda11
HLWG
Ignaciorocks
i_4got_my_user
Pissonmyhands
Sharky
Glorn2
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Custom tower wars :?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:07 am

Still need to add:

Yiff Area
Pause after someone dies in duel
stop income during duel
Level 5 summons shop
fix scoreboard/income
trade gold and lumber
upgrade creeps via auras (costing gold)
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:20 pm

did the creeps stop at a certain level last time ? I'm excited to see what changed from last night. this game is really my game since theres a lot of multi tasking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:03 pm

I got in a good 3 hours of editing today (day 4 of editing) and plan to do more tonight.

Currently you can summon creeps up to level 44. Last night, we played on easy mode; it was fun, but a touch too easy; at least for 200 lives. We got them down to about 70 lives, and then it was just impossible to win; due to lvl 40 creeps being the max.

I am gonna add some summonable heroes to the end also; elementals, archons, rag boss guys, and rag. Since there are no tomes in the game, eventually, you will be forced to lose; cant defend against 20 rags kicking ur ass.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:48 pm

i think 10 grendals beats 20 rags any day unfortunately...
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:19 pm

... maybe if you are an idiot... the only reason that boss fight is hard is because of his healers. the boss itself doesnt do much; except of couse for his like... 3k heal. Which isnt that much, considering his HP. It is the fact that each of those little buggers has a heal for like 400, that they cast every 2 seconds, to heal grendal. Kill the buggers, and the boss aint got shit.

However, the buggers spawn as level 41 creeps. good luck!
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:55 pm

lol, i thought that grendal summoned them, which is why it would rape face
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:09 pm

nawww; they auto spawn every like... 15 seconds. However, level 41 creeps will have healers mixed in with them.. making they a very fun level to mass!

I increased the cost to upgrade shrines though.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:13 pm

very nice, this seems like a HLW that i would be good at when im actually the one summoning! lol
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:50 am

Is it possible to have adjustable lane sizes based on the number of people :?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 am

I have won all of the games I've played so far using an "I summon, you just buy items and look pretty" set-up.

Technically, the only reason the system works so well, is because I dont stop summoning. Two players who dont forget to summon will outincome me though. But will fully shared EXP; I run a "backup" build, that has good spells and a lot of support abilities I can use without needing items. Sucks for pvp though...
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:41 pm

all we gotta do is beat them with creeps before they beat us in kills!
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:19 pm

ya i noticed that while smitty and i were focusing we were significantly ahead of you Very Happy that being said i'm glad to see a good macroing system in the game
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:34 pm

lol, you were only beating us in duels though, because I gave all my gold away. Cant handle my summons though. And eventually, our 2X your income provided us with much better stats than you in every way, and you couldnt beat us.

I think I am gonna make player kills subtract 5 lives, btw. Just so they have some importance. Right now, they give 50 kills, but kills are just a stat to kill at.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 4:54 am

NAAA i'm pretty positive that if i wasnt slacking then we would've come out ahead
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:04 pm

here is the only way i can see to fix parts of this game, we are gonna need a unit cap, maybe 100 units per player.

make the non-auto summons on the other side part of the players team. player 1 clicks to summon unit. units is of player 1 but uncontrollable. all the auto summons will come out randomly as player 1,2,3 etc... if the max amount of summons is reached, summoning will be paused.

the only draw back is how to fix the so called "so and so killed so and so" for that put in a trigger your hero has to be in a certain AOE for this to occur. furthermore, the gold income after lvl 25 becomes crazy imba, you may wanna knock that down by like a factor of 5. i had 5 immortals essences and maxed gold at lvl 33... which is crazy.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:23 pm

I cannot change the summoning system without removing players or doing a lot of work; so I wanna try a few other things before I resort to that.

I am gonna lower the number of creeps per shop to 4 of each level; and I am going to double the cooldown on their replenish rate. There will still be enough units in a shop to spam units; however, it wont be enough at once to trash the game unless someone is REALLLLY trying.

Also, I will be adding spell shrines, so, if it DOES become a huge problem, people can still use their spell shrines to thin the crowd.

Also, player kills will take lives, just a few though.

For the gold thing, you are completely correct. Should I lower income from "income" or from creeps though? It would seem as though both were quite a bit rough very late game; with 80k lumber income, thats 20k gold. But with 40 level 40-44 creeps being killed in 20 seconds; that is another 16000 gold... Hmmm, I will scale income from "income" for now, looking at those two numbers. I will add in something that takes the average player level into account... Maybe (income/(([AVG_Lvl]/2)+4)).... Math is fun! Sooo, 80k income, on a level 40... 80000/((40/2)+4)= 80,000/24= 3333.3.... Making it so that killing creeps is still the primary source of gold. Objections to that scale?

I will also add in a "back up" creep max system; per side. Which will be annoying; but every time a creep enters a side of the map, I can set a variable to +1, when it dies, I set that variable to -1. Every duel, I can reset the counter by picking all the units on that side, and resetting the couter, to ensure the counter isnt thrown off, or ever goes off by more than a few. So, if 1 side of the map has that variable equal to... say... 150? When a player buys a creep, they get the income, but the creep is instantly killed, and the players gets a text saying "seven days..." Err, I mean, "You cannot summon anymore, wait a moment!"
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:46 pm

i don't think you should get an gold from income... personally, if you are gonna separate resources, they should remain separate entirely including removal of the bank system. but i think 150 would be too low, maybe 50 units per player, rather than a flat 150. but i don't think you should get the income if the creep is instantly killed, it should just refund your lumber.
in addition i think a creep column on the score board would be nice telling how many creeps are on each side.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:49 pm

I do like the adding of spell shrines, have you considered adding PVP shrines like they have in ENFO's? I think shrines instead of taking mana should consume your lumber! without giving income. of course the spells will have Cooldowns.

the way i picture it lumber should be entirely for PvP summoning, PvP spell casting of shrines etc.

gold is just for self enhancement just for items and Defensive Shrines.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Hope this comes out soon. Been cha outted and been playing like dota and maple story for the past month and a half.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:05 pm

To trigger the refund in lumber, would be too much; but I just got a much easier idea...

Pause the summon shops on that side until the kill counter is down like 10 from the max.

And the reason there is a limit is to end lag problems; not to actually limit people. 300 on each side will still cause many people with their 1987 computers to lag out. And cause people with their 2002 computers to simply lag a lot. And those of us who have decent computer to still be annoyed with laggers, and for laggers to complain.

A set value of 150 per side means that in bigger games, you need to send bigger creeps, to avoid that problem. Bigger creeps dont cause much more lag than smaller ones; it is a numbers game for the sake of lag, and lag alone. If you could summon 10,000 units and there would be no lag problem at all... well.. that would just kick ass. But, alas, you cannot.

I can easily do the scoreboard things.

Resources MUST be able to go back and forth, otherwise there would truly be no point to summoning. Summing gives your opponents more gold and EXP. If you dont summon, and they do; you will get amazing gear and levels, while they are struggling to do jack shit. Then you can run over to their side and 2 shot them all game, while the auto spawn creeps walk in.
^^Thought of this while making the game, and is the reason I made resources exchangeable.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:11 pm

mmm ok then how about getting better exchange rates for the resources and no gold from income?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:17 pm

the income is a way of making it a team effort, so as that a single player cannot be the sole winning aspect of a team. And trust me, in a system with nothing shared, that is how it would be.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:57 pm

why not make it bonus lumber income rather than gold income?
or better yet bonus XP for the team because even in that epic match of 1000000 creeps no one hit 40.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:59 pm

???? no one on your team did... our team was 40 for a lonnggggg time.. you guys were 35 when we hit 40. at the end you were what, 38 and 39? But, you guys summons 2X as much as us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAR-Line Wars   CHAR-Line Wars - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CHAR-Line Wars
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next