Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing I_vote_lcapStarcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing I_voting_barStarcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing I_vote_lcapStarcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing I_voting_barStarcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing

Go down 
+5
HLWG
carefulibite
Orimis
Wrathtoruin
Glorn2
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing Empty
PostSubject: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 11:54 pm

With the completion of the item system (Though not all tiers of items have been added) and the addition of almost all of the innate skills, and some more defensive skills (still not all of them) I would like to get some early alpha testing out of the way, if anyone is free.

Some skills deal 50% more damage than other skills. Some skills cost 2X as much. Some skills dont work. Some skills do work, bu the animation plays in the top left of the map. there are major bugs. It would be very helpful if I could get a base-line for skill balance and for game progression. This will help me with item scaling, skill scaling, creep scaling, and really, will be what makes the game playable.

It wont be the most fun testing I'm sure. I have only 3 weeks left to get the game playable; so to get this early testing out of the way ASAP will allow for actually gameplay testing to take place once I finish up the skills, items, and bosses.

Keep in mind everyone, that it is 100% free to download and play starcraft 2, but you can only play arcade game (custom games). The campaign and melee matches you must pay for. There are a few games that are really good on the arcade. There are many that are "okay". I would be happy if people were to give it a shot, so as to give me feedback on the new CHA!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 12:14 pm

I'll try to get SC2 up and running in the next week or so.
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:27 pm

I have it up my username is still orimis
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 pm

You need a battletag number also, to be able to friend people. I am Glorn #889

Also, i fixed a list of problems, added more defensive skills, and got duels up and working.

There was recently a huge update to the editor, which destroyed a lot of people maps. My map was halfway on the list; hundreds of data entries were corrupted, which i had to manually fix, one at a time. Dependency issues and such. Was a pain in the nuts, and has set be back 2 weeks, in terms of the upcoming competition.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Just an update, for anyone interested. The competition has been delayed, thankfully. We havent been told how long though. I have fixed all of the problems created, and have the game very close to how I want it to be for the open alpha (which means anyone can play it on battle.net without me in the game).

With exception to a days with of dialog work for duels, all I need to do is create the elemental bosses. In 2 weeks time, It should be good to roll!
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:55 am

Sounds great wish you guys the best of luck ^-^
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 10:53 pm

I'll take a look sometime soon. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 6:52 am

^_^. Still a lot of work to be done. I've had 2 people look at it so far, and have gotten a lot of feedback. I am trying to streamline the hero selection process.

Blizzard announced that the contest deadline is extended to the 6th of december! I should have all of the elemental bosses completed by then, and all of the core gameplay done! Hopefully I can have a basic AI setup as well, which will use premade builds.

Anyone who wants to check it out; it is a private map on battle.net so I need to invite people to play it. It will remain this way until the intro is done, and the major bugs are patched. The type of feedback I am looking for is a "first time impression". Not a rush to pick skills and go kill stuff. How intuitive is the game for someone who hasn't played it? is there anything that makes you scratch your head? Then comes major bugs. "That creep looked at me, I exploded, and did not respawn. Much fun" ect. Stuff that could prevent the game from being made public. Finally would be skills, items, heroes, ect. "Fire nova kills everything in 1 shit, it is OP HAX". "there is no early item with spell damage reduction, and early spells are rocking my socks."

I will be around this evening, and all weekend, working on the map. Anyone interested, post here, or message me on skype (Glornii or seandarlin14@hotmail.com)

Random, when I get it a bit more refined, I would like you to take a look. You have always been considered the eyes and ears of the public opinion.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 12:37 pm

I have uploaded a temporary alpha version as public. The game is named "Testing. Check For Echo?" if anyone wants to try it out. there are still no boss aspects to the game. I plan to have the "dueling options" done by the end of the weekend; and 2 more defensive skills.

Ideally, I would like to start bosses this weekend, but if i dont, there should be a boss available next weekend.
Back to top Go down
vonmahs
Average Player
Average Player
vonmahs

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Is it still bein worked on? I have the free version of SC2 and i would to help test this map.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Yes, it is. The game name is "Custom Hero Arena!" on sc2. You can contact me on skype (seandarlin14@hotmail.com) which is usually open; and sc2 is not. The game is public, so you can host it if you'd like; or you can play with me.

There is only 1 more week before the competition!
Back to top Go down
vonmahs
Average Player
Average Player
vonmahs

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:00 pm

Do believed i got you on skype. Maiyr_cordeth is me. Competition?
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 10:24 pm

I finally broke down and bought a new laptop.I should be online within the week.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:26 am

awesome! I am no longer entering into this competition. I have seen a lot of amazing games, and I dont dont feel the game has enough content yet. Rather than hoping to win a little cash, I would rather keep the game semi-private until it has more content; then have a stronger release.

The game is still playable though; I have the elemental bosses all done. Games last for about an hour before they start to drag. It really needs more skills and items; then more bosses.

I got a lot done trying to be ready in time for this contest though (And pissed my wife off), and am happy for the motivation to get the game into a playable state.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 11:18 pm

Wrathtoruin#1129
Back to top Go down
burntbread
Average Player
Average Player
burntbread

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:29 pm

Wow glorn, I applaud your perseverance. I'll probably be back to see how it's going (when you're done soon?). It may not be like the old days, but hopefully you're doing it for other reasons. Either way thank you.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:34 pm

^_^ Hey Miki, was wondering if you were still around. The game is currently playable, but lacking a good deal of content. I put time into it when I can, but it will likely be a year before it is something I hope could challenge wc3 CHA. Personally, I enjoy fighting the bosses in the game. Once you get that far, the game is pretty much done though. Very slow, currently; with few skills. You can get 2-3 games in and enjoy it, but after that it is "ehh, this needs more content"
Back to top Go down
burntbread
Average Player
Average Player
burntbread

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm

Hey glorn, this is great to hear. I understand that issue well, it's like building music. Each step/note/character is influenced by the previous entry and so forth the hope being to create a coherent whole. Wc3 cha should be a classic, and a high bar to meet but if anyone can do it, it's you of course. Good luck, I look forward to playing soon.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 7:46 pm

Downloading sc2 now, Assign me somethin glorny!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 7:57 am

Here's a look at what I believe is the current SC version of CHA.

I must say the layout looks pretty good so far ^_^
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 9:55 pm

Yes, this is it. The guy is a bit... excitable. The person in game with him (Wargirl) did a majority of the terrain for me; and i just kinda did pathing and such. Neither of them have any experience playing hero based games or WC3, and were given absolutely no background on the game.

This specific game being played was insanely slow... of all the people in the game, only 1 person understood the concept of heroes. This has been by far the largest obstacle in the game; and continues to be. It is very similar to playing on a wc3 bot full of people who do not speak english.

More than anything, I find this to be a very in-depth look at that average player.

As mentioned in the video, I need to add a lot of skills and heroes and bosses; and some core mechanics still... And more... better... tutorials. Anyone interested, try it out; lemme know your thoughts. As mentioned above; give it about a year before I have the quantity of content I would be happy with.
Back to top Go down
Shanochi
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Holy snap Glorn! I'm looking forward to this!

I can't wait to try out SC2 Version!! :'D

Shanochi@USEast
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 10:52 am

Ive got a group of 10 or so players on sc2 who ive been playing sc2 CHA with. If anyone is bored and wants to hop on and play with us over the thanksgiving break. Glorn2 #1427 (or seandarlin14@hotmail.com)
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 6:58 am

Not sure about thanksgiving weekend as I'll be out of town but some time prior to thanksgiving for sure I will get on to give this version a try. What's the official title "Custom Hero Arena"?

Any tips for a would be newbie?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 am

"Custom Hero Arena!" is the name.

Ummm, i hope the game is as self explanatory as possible. The AI is really good. For public games (since a lot of people are new) i put 1 normal AI on each team, and it keeps the whole game in check, since the AI will be the star player. If you can consistently beat the hard AI, you are a better man than I.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing   Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing Empty

Back to top Go down

Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next