Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Epic and Glorns Daily Builds I_vote_lcapEpic and Glorns Daily Builds I_voting_barEpic and Glorns Daily Builds I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Epic and Glorns Daily Builds I_vote_lcapEpic and Glorns Daily Builds I_voting_barEpic and Glorns Daily Builds I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Epic and Glorns Daily Builds

Go down 
+2
Glorn2
epicpowda11
6 posters
AuthorMessage
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

Epic and Glorns Daily Builds Empty
PostSubject: Epic and Glorns Daily Builds   Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:11 am

1) You may use these to learn how to play, to get better etc. I do not want people taking these and running nothing but these to win every game. If you struggle at playing say strength, and you just want a few builds to get used to it and get your mojo going great, but again, I'm doing this mostly so everyone can see how I put my shit together, and to give you a start point of how you want to make a build, play it etc.

2.) These WILL NOT be allowed to be used in a tournament format in their current forms by others. Tournaments are to see who can come up with the best shit on their own terms, copy and pasting someone else's builds to win, is not winning at all.

Everything open to discussion, if you have questions feel free to ask away, just refer to the build your talking about at the start. This will defiantly be worth reading through if your new, struggling, or want to learn why Me and Glorn generally out level/play a lot of you.

Intelligence

Tentacle Gank Build

Hero: Pain Archon
Offensive Skill: Tentacles
Defensive: Stun Field
Miscellaneous: Impale
Innate: Life Regeneration
Ultimate: Wrath of Hell
Comment From Glorn: I am about 90% sure that slow ward would make a much better defensive in this build. It will keep them close to the tents, and closer to you for longer. Also, it is easier on your mana pool, and will have a better combo power with Wrath of Hell. Neither stun field or Impale will hold them in place long enough for wrath of hell to do a lot of damage. Also, importantly, slow ward will go through avatar, always a plus.
Skill Level Order: Main level tentacles 1-15, Off level impale till impale reaches 6, Switch off-leveling to Stun field once impale is at 6, Level Ultimate at 8,16,24,32.
Comment From Glorn: If you decide to use slow ward, put 1 point into it for the first duel, then try to get it to 3 for second duel, still main leveling tents. Once it is 3, you can put your off-points into impale for a while. Invest points into slow ward 2 at a time, as it levels up every 2 points spent.
Items: Start with a basic mystics cloak, you should be able to get a glittering tiara when you get back to base and if possible boots of speed and a orb of range. crown of ages, saints token, arch magus cloak, time bender gauntlets, cloak of hidden, arch magus, one ring, thieves mask, cloak of the hidden, upgrade crown of ages, burning halo, divining rod, thieves mask, shroud, sceptre, upgrade to big sceptre.
Comment From Glorn: My only interjection to this is that you should get an ice orb after the first duel, and you should get arch magus before saints token. Cold orbs make this build really damn good.

This is just a rough item build, I change it up game to game too the conditions, if I'm winning I usually switch to getting more DPS, if I'm losing I'll build tank items a little sooner. I don't worry about orbs and weapons usually unless I need them, or if as previous I'm winning and I can press my advantage and stack damage.

Play Style: Tents are pretty basic to use, you run up, get the creep aggro, toss the tents down in the middle of all the creeps and watch them die. After you have a decent mana supply start using impale to creep with, it does some pretty good damage and a decent stun to get damage off of you. This is more of a gank build, because you need to win in early game; I'll explain why in the weaknesses section. Don't use wrath of god on your own creeps, keep an eye on your mini map and predict where your opponent will be when it comes up. Then cast order is, Impale Tentacles, Wrath of Hell. These need to be all casted quickly after each other for it to work. The basic idea is that cripple gives you a window so you can cast tentacles and wrath of god before their stun comes up. If you do this, you lock them in the tentacles with the long ass stun that Wrath of Hell has, WoH also does a very significant amount of damage to hero's till mid game. In most cases, if you do this right and they can't escape, you one shot, or very close to one shot them in duels. You want to hit them with this as often as you can when they are creeping. If all possible, you dont want to just get them in mid-field with it though. The idea of using an ultimate skill to gank, is that you can itemwalk into their spawn, and before they kill their creeps, get everything off, get the gank and their entire spawn. If you do not need Wrath of Hell to win the duel, do not use it. They are forced to fight you in duels, where in the field they can run back to base. WoH will prevent that, so every WoH you don't use in duels is a possible kill in the field.
Comment From Glorn: My only suggestion is to make sure you dont not waste a WoH in a failed gank attempt. Dont waste 20 seconds running to a creep spawn with only 1 creep and a hero left in it, then cancel the channel to chase the hero to his base. this will make you lose the game if you do it. Play smart. If you can lowjack their center spawn with no problem, then take the free level and continue to farm your side.

Weaknesses: Several skills will hurt this build if your opponent has them. Divine Shield allows for a escape from Wrath of God, which is the bread and butter, Because of the back to back casting you do, Flare also stings. Many other skills are soft counters, like Soulburn, which can hurt you, but there are ways around them. I can't think of any other death blows to this at the moment, if someone else can let me know and I'll add them to the list. Your biggest weakness is going to be post mid game. All these spells are NOT spell damage, so when your opponent is able to start stack armour, health and damage reduction, Tentacles and WoH is going to start diminishing very very fast. This is why you need to get several ganks and end it before this happens. If your opponent however, reads this, and starts stacking massive damage early in game. You should be fine, as you will out level, out damage and stats them by far. Just keep stuns on them with impale and stun field.

Strengths: The absolute disable and massive damage this does in early and mid game is one of the biggest strengths it has. It also levels fairly fast, and has a small mana pool allowing you to focus more of creating a beefier hero as opposed to one that needs
Comment From Glorn: Slow ward can also be used to annoy the piss out of an opponent while creeping, even if you dont kill them.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Epic and Glorns Daily Builds   Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 6:29 pm

added my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Epic and Glorns Daily Builds   Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:34 pm

Honestly I was hoping you would stray away from the speedsters gankers. Also if this is supposed to be for noobs why do you suggest a hero that requires you to be level 15 to play? Most if not all the intelligence models can easily sub in this case though. I personally love running tentacle builds on the avatar of vengeance.
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: Epic and Glorns Daily Builds   Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Looks like a good build, but i would agree with glorn that slow ward would probably be a better defensive, depending on exactly how you level it.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Epic and Glorns Daily Builds   Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Sharky, I already had this typed up
And saved from awhile back for Something else I was doing, so I just copied and pasted, not all will be gank builds. Also, I said I run it with pain archon, but also said it'll work with any insta cast, siren priest of light and storm panda can also run this as well.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Epic and Glorns Daily Builds   Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:59 am

I think Storm panda would really be the best bet. Storm panda would open the door to auto-attack farming much sooner, allowing you to stop leveling tents if you need to, to focus on more PVP skills. Also, tents is much better on ranged than on melee. Prince of light for int, or, storm panda. On ranged you can place them just right so the creeps path through them while running to attack you. You take less damage, tents deal more. This is also assuming you go slow ward. Stun field you need a melee instant caster. Sling blade would work well for this.
Back to top Go down
God_the_Father
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Epic and Glorns Daily Builds   Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:49 pm

can i see an atmas curse build? ive seen that skill and ive watnted to use it. the stun seems ok, and the damge im sure isnt bad. but i have yet to try it. any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Epic and Glorns Daily Builds   Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:52 am

Atmaz curse as far as I know is still broken, so I haven't made up any builds with it. When glory gets the stun working I'll help you make one up.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Epic and Glorns Daily Builds   Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:05 am

It does stun.
Back to top Go down
God_the_Father
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Epic and Glorns Daily Builds   Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 pm

sounds good. i wanted to know how it wold work with acid rain, since both do aoe damage and stun. is atmas channeled?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Epic and Glorns Daily Builds   Epic and Glorns Daily Builds EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:59 pm

Atmas is an AoE, that is not channeled. It is like poison nova, with a stun every second, and you cast it far away, rather than from your hero.

Also yes, the stun is fixed. It makes a really nice anti-kite ability, and is great for ganking at creepspawns. you can get the creep kills while you chase down your opponent.

Atmas is a better 2v2 or 3v3 ability than a 1v1 skill, but works "alright" in 1v1 situations.

Pick any hero (Necromancer)
Pick an offensive farmer that works well with that heroes mana (Frost Fall)
Pick a 1-5 point defensive (1 pt. Divine)
Endurence Aura
Innate of choice (Life Bonus)
Atmas Curse

Try that set up in 10 different ways, and 8 of them will be good builds. The necro one I showed above is pretty solid. You can also run this on str and agi with shockwave or tents. I really like a spell damage farmer though, so it+curse=no AMS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epic and Glorns Daily Builds   Epic and Glorns Daily Builds Empty

Back to top Go down

Epic and Glorns Daily Builds
Page 1 of 1