Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Customize the Arena EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Customize the Arena EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Customize the Arena EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Customize the Arena EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Customize the Arena EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Customize the Arena EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Customize the Arena EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Customize the Arena EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Customize the Arena EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Customize the Arena I_vote_lcapCustomize the Arena I_voting_barCustomize the Arena I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Customize the Arena I_vote_lcapCustomize the Arena I_voting_barCustomize the Arena I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Customize the Arena

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Customize the Arena Empty
PostSubject: Customize the Arena   Customize the Arena EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:42 pm

ok heres an lil idea i like to call the carnival arena. honestly the arenas have become too boring. what about adding a mode to arenas that creates area teleports. random spawning runes that swap locations ect. other ideas include exploding traps, destructible debris, infinite starecase effects, high ground low ground terrain that provide no vision in that area, and arena boundaries that proc on a set time interval to cast "scourge" from the warlocks game. spell reflection wards, boosts, ect. i'm not saying add them all but look into being able to customize the arena itself. make player options that disable certain features of the arena and the ones that they play in. or even make it like battle mages where you can pick which arenas you want to play on. of course make the traditional arenas still playable but if you could make this happen i think u can definitely change the way the game is played as players will have to think more about positioning, skill placement, hero placement, ect.

If this idea sounds interesting to you you should add what you think would make the arena a more interesting place :p. i have more ideas so if anyone wants to convene and talk about this i'll be on sometime this week and maybe tonight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Customize the Arena   Customize the Arena EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:50 pm

I just feel as though it would be silly to make it so that a randomly occuring event can cause you to lose the game.

Ever played random arena? sure it is fun; but the only skill you can really have in that game is making a mad dash for the best items to kill everyone else before you are dead. WOW, you RANDOMLY got the most OP hero in the game... BAM, 40 kills. Shit, nuked; everyone died. Meanwhile someone in the corner keeps respawning as a critter next to an army of another players summons...

It wouldnt be that extreme; but, you cannot allow random events to cause players to lose a game. Imagine, you cast your farming ult after a duel; when it is halfway done; a random event kills you... your opponent takes your creep spawn. you haev no ult; your opponent is hashly outleveling you. Why? the game doesnt like you.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Customize the Arena   Customize the Arena EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:03 pm

not randomly occurring. make them happen in visible and spot-able locations. give them time intervals... also give the players the option of whether they want them on or not. like i said some are randomly occurring like runes but some can be counted down or timed ect.
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: Customize the Arena   Customize the Arena EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Why don't you make runes randomly pop-up on the arena, or maybe make them creep drops. Say, +100 move speed for 30 seconds, or maybe 500hp or 200mana restores. Things like that.

And piss, whats a infinite staircase?
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: Customize the Arena   Customize the Arena EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:02 am

This would be a really fun and interesting thing piss, but you should make it into a separate mode. Also,we might not want to get to extreme with this, things like random spell reflection would make it wy to random, but things like destructable debris, high/low terrain, mazes of walls, possibly some runes, but very weakones would be good to try out. Exploding barrels that do decent aoe dmg to both players could also be a goodv idea. Something like this would make a awesome new mode, just make sure not to get to extreme or carried away With what you add.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Customize the Arena   Customize the Arena EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 3:28 pm

I disagree venom I would rather keep the game the way it is this way when its 1v1 that skill is acounted for not getting some rune first duel that restores your mana allowing you to get 2 levels on the other guy for the first duel.As for adding it as a new mode I also disagree partialy because how much space and time will it take and how often will it really be played.
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: Customize the Arena   Customize the Arena EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:59 pm

its up to glorn to decide on the amount of space and time this would take and whether it would be worth it, but if he does we could make a separate mode maybe "crazy cha" or something, not competitive at all merely for fun, and im fairly sure alot of the cha community would play this often when they just want to have some fun, this would be played alot more often than the other optional modes capture the flag, plant the bomb, team brawl, ect. yeah a rune that gives you two levels on your opponent first duel would really be unbalanced in a normal serius game, just like getting a huge tank with invis in plant the bomb is unbalanced, but you can still play normal mode if you want, this isnt going to be used for tournies or anything its just a nice alternative mode. if glorn thinks the amount of space/time would be worth it, then im all for it.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Customize the Arena   Customize the Arena EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:34 pm

aye i'm not asking for permanent changes to the arena that force everyone to enjoy the hilarity. more so I'm looking into different modes just like venom said to find ways to break the lines of different ways to play cha. honestly breaking the line of a simple is better cha is what has brought the current cha to the popularity it has now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Customize the Arena   Customize the Arena Empty

Back to top Go down

Customize the Arena
Page 1 of 1